RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Program suggestion...

Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM

Program suggestion...

Hey, umm i need help. i have editted and cleaned about 1600 photos and i wanna print about 9 of those pictures per a page. However, i wanna save each page as an image. Is there a program which can put about 9 pictures a page and let it print it automatically. i know in windows printing u can select the pictures u want and u set a layout so it will place those pictures onto 1 page but that seems like it will take too long and alot of effort ( by the way saving it isnt a big issue just that itd help alot)

thanks ur suggestion and help will be of greatly appreciated =D
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Patron

Re: Program suggestion...

Welcome to Retouch Pro! If you have any version of Photoshop, just go File>Automate>Picture Package. A dialog box will come up and you direct PS to a folder containing your photos. You define how many photos you want on what size page (for example 8x10). You tell it the quality and whether or not you want image names etc. Then PS will sequence through your folder and do its thing. If you have 1600 photos and you want 10 photos per page, the PS will build you 160 pages or asmany as it takes to process the number of photos in your folder. These pages can be saves as standard jpgs and later printed.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Welcome to Retouch Pro! If you have any version of Photoshop, just go File>Automate>Picture Package. A dialog box will come up and you direct Photoshop to a folder containing your photos. You define how many photos you want on what size page (for example 8x10). You tell it the quality and whether or not you want image names etc. Then Photoshop will sequence through your folder and do its thing. If you have 1600 photos and you want 10 photos per page, the Photoshop will build you 160 pages or asmany as it takes to process the number of photos in your folder. These pages can be saves as standard jpgs and later printed.
Regards, Murray
Hey Murray umm, i tried it and it only works with the same picture on 1 page( e.g 9x of same picture on one page) how to get it so that its a different picture on the page... thanks a bunch again.. if u could help me
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 07:25 AM

HI kickclickin...
here's another method (fast and easy) but it wouldn't give u much control that photsohop can with the batch processing...

put all photos in one folder, then open the first one with windows picture and fax viewer. Click print (on the bottom there is a icon for printing), as a printer select paper port (if u don't have it installed i would suggest to google it out, cause i can't remember where did i got the drivers from), then select all photos, on the next step u may choose what format to print the photos to A4(9 photos on a page is there, 6x9 wallet prints) and then just click print.
after it finises a paper port application will open with the file created, after that you may choose to save it in different format( originally it's in pdf)...

Regards...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Janitor

It sounds like Contact Sheet II might be what you're looking for (right next to Picture Package under automation). Xbytor has an improved version that gives you even more control.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
It sounds like Contact Sheet II might be what you're looking for (right next to Picture Package under automation). Xbytor has an improved version that gives you even more control.
You are.... the best... =O greatest thanks...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 10:58 PM

Oh.. i have another problem now.. i was going to mention but.. the printing service said.. for every file they click it will cost me money.. so they said what i should do is.. make it into pdf format with 100 pages.. but i dont know how to place jpegs into a pdf format and like merge it...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Janitor

That would be PDF Presentation, under the same menu. Make your contact sheets, then make them into a presentation (you can just leave them open in Photoshop and select "use open images". Don't forget to select "high quality print" as an option in the 2nd dialog (there will be 2 dialogs).
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 AM

I have no idea about it. Sorry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow