RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Digiboy Digiboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 21
Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Does anyone know where I can purchase some self adhesive vinyl sticker (on a roll for preference) for printng on an inkjet? I have been asked to make some custom covers for Laptop lids. I have search for sign makers and look at speciality paper companies but I cannot find any
Any help would be most welcome!!

Thanks
Lee

(BTW I am in the UK so a uk based supplier would be best, but I will buy from anywhere)
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Jerryb Jerryb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 397
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

hi,
my first thought is that you want labels... what is a sticker other than a lable...

now office depot has wide variety of labels and i saw some polyester permenent labels that may fit your needs....
http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/...ers/N=2546386/

as far as on a roll... office depot has them but... do you have a printer that accepts rolls... your standardard inkjet printers generally work to well with rolled labels... so you may need to just stay with sheets....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiboy View Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase some self adhesive vinyl sticker (on a roll for preference) for printng on an inkjet? I have been asked to make some custom covers for Laptop lids. I have search for sign makers and look at speciality paper companies but I cannot find any
Any help would be most welcome!!

Thanks
Lee

(BTW I am in the UK so a uk based supplier would be best, but I will buy from anywhere)
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Swampy's Avatar
Swampy Swampy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Swamps of Florida
Posts: 4,418
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

You will definitely want vinyl. Paper will "pill", abrade, and deteriorate from handling (body oil/acid). Look for someone who sells vinyl bumperstickers.
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Digiboy Digiboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 21
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryb View Post
hi,
my first thought is that you want labels... what is a sticker other than a lable...

now office depot has wide variety of labels and i saw some polyester permenent labels that may fit your needs....
http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/...ers/N=2546386/

as far as on a roll... office depot has them but... do you have a printer that accepts rolls... your standardard inkjet printers generally work to well with rolled labels... so you may need to just stay with sheets....
Thanks for the reply. I will certainly look into Offie Depot as for the roll issue, I use an Epson R1800 so rolls are not a problem
Thanks again
Lee
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
0lBaldy's Avatar
0lBaldy 0lBaldy is offline
Senior Member
Patron
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,580
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

I have a skin from http://www.skinit.com/ on my laptop and it is great! I submitted a custom picture and it came back much better than I hoped for (Deep Rich colors and sharp as a tack!).. It is been on for over a year and hasn't peeled or scratched .. Do I sound like I am happy with the product... Yep!!

The skins are "made out of the best premium grade glossy vinyl, are printed using a special 6 color high resolution process, and coated with a clear coating for additional protection." And mine came with different panels for the sides, main top cover and hinge piece.

if you are interested they say they are looking for re-sellers .... or you might try and contact the UK 3M at: http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal...rp/Contact-3M/ to see if you can order a roll of the Scotchprint Graphics 3M product.
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
TommyO's Avatar
TommyO TommyO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,211
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

I'm not sure if they will have exactly what you are looking for, but they certainly have a large variety and are an industrial supplier. They will not have skins. But,they do have any conceivable sticker/label you may need, including rolled. They will also do custom printing for you... in fact that is their standard.

Seton Inc.
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Nanls's Avatar
Nanls Nanls is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: REDONDO BEACH, Ca
Posts: 567
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

If in the US let me know I have a contact for you with good pricing.
~Nancy
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 08-16-2008, 02:23 AM
cypher000's Avatar
cypher000 cypher000 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HULL E.Yorkshire
Posts: 6
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Hi there. I am in the UK and the labels are always in great need, but can I ask if anyone knows of the peelable type? It is sometimes a good thing if one could peel them off to replace them with another and avoid that awfull messy goo that is left clinging to the containers or what-have-you that can take hours to remove. There must be something in that line. How about it guy's?
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:54 AM
Digiboy Digiboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 21
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
I have a skin from http://www.skinit.com/ on my laptop and it is great! I submitted a custom picture and it came back much better than I hoped for (Deep Rich colors and sharp as a tack!).. It is been on for over a year and hasn't peeled or scratched .. Do I sound like I am happy with the product... Yep!!

The skins are "made out of the best premium grade glossy vinyl, are printed using a special 6 color high resolution process, and coated with a clear coating for additional protection." And mine came with different panels for the sides, main top cover and hinge piece.

if you are interested they say they are looking for re-sellers .... or you might try and contact the UK 3M at: http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal...rp/Contact-3M/ to see if you can order a roll of the Scotchprint Graphics 3M product.
Thanks for the info, I might go that route and get someone else to print them for me.
You certainly seem to like their service so with a recommendation like that how can I not give them a go.

Thank you
Lee
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 08-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Digiboy Digiboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 21
Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyO View Post
I'm not sure if they will have exactly what you are looking for, but they certainly have a large variety and are an industrial supplier. They will not have skins. But,they do have any conceivable sticker/label you may need, including rolled. They will also do custom printing for you... in fact that is their standard.

Seton Inc.
Thank you now I have even more ideas and suppliers for every possible eventuality !
Thanks again
Lee
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved