RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM

Self adhesive vinyl stickers

Does anyone know where I can purchase some self adhesive vinyl sticker (on a roll for preference) for printng on an inkjet? I have been asked to make some custom covers for Laptop lids. I have search for sign makers and look at speciality paper companies but I cannot find any
Any help would be most welcome!!

Thanks
Lee

(BTW I am in the UK so a uk based supplier would be best, but I will buy from anywhere)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM

Re: Self adhesive vinyl stickers

hi,
my first thought is that you want labels... what is a sticker other than a lable...

now office depot has wide variety of labels and i saw some polyester permenent labels that may fit your needs....
http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/...ers/N=2546386/

as far as on a roll... office depot has them but... do you have a printer that accepts rolls... your standardard inkjet printers generally work to well with rolled labels... so you may need to just stay with sheets....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiboy View Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase some self adhesive vinyl sticker (on a roll for preference) for printng on an inkjet? I have been asked to make some custom covers for Laptop lids. I have search for sign makers and look at speciality paper companies but I cannot find any
Any help would be most welcome!!

Thanks
Lee

(BTW I am in the UK so a uk based supplier would be best, but I will buy from anywhere)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM

You will definitely want vinyl. Paper will "pill", abrade, and deteriorate from handling (body oil/acid). Look for someone who sells vinyl bumperstickers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryb View Post
hi,
my first thought is that you want labels... what is a sticker other than a lable...

now office depot has wide variety of labels and i saw some polyester permenent labels that may fit your needs....
http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/...ers/N=2546386/

as far as on a roll... office depot has them but... do you have a printer that accepts rolls... your standardard inkjet printers generally work to well with rolled labels... so you may need to just stay with sheets....
Thanks for the reply. I will certainly look into Offie Depot as for the roll issue, I use an Epson R1800 so rolls are not a problem
Thanks again
Lee
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Patron

I have a skin from http://www.skinit.com/ on my laptop and it is great! I submitted a custom picture and it came back much better than I hoped for (Deep Rich colors and sharp as a tack!).. It is been on for over a year and hasn't peeled or scratched .. Do I sound like I am happy with the product... Yep!!

The skins are "made out of the best premium grade glossy vinyl, are printed using a special 6 color high resolution process, and coated with a clear coating for additional protection." And mine came with different panels for the sides, main top cover and hinge piece.

if you are interested they say they are looking for re-sellers .... or you might try and contact the UK 3M at: http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal...rp/Contact-3M/ to see if you can order a roll of the Scotchprint Graphics 3M product.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 PM

I'm not sure if they will have exactly what you are looking for, but they certainly have a large variety and are an industrial supplier. They will not have skins. But,they do have any conceivable sticker/label you may need, including rolled. They will also do custom printing for you... in fact that is their standard.

Seton Inc.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 01:39 AM

If in the US let me know I have a contact for you with good pricing.
~Nancy
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 02:23 AM

Hi there. I am in the UK and the labels are always in great need, but can I ask if anyone knows of the peelable type? It is sometimes a good thing if one could peel them off to replace them with another and avoid that awfull messy goo that is left clinging to the containers or what-have-you that can take hours to remove. There must be something in that line. How about it guy's?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
I have a skin from http://www.skinit.com/ on my laptop and it is great! I submitted a custom picture and it came back much better than I hoped for (Deep Rich colors and sharp as a tack!).. It is been on for over a year and hasn't peeled or scratched .. Do I sound like I am happy with the product... Yep!!

The skins are "made out of the best premium grade glossy vinyl, are printed using a special 6 color high resolution process, and coated with a clear coating for additional protection." And mine came with different panels for the sides, main top cover and hinge piece.

if you are interested they say they are looking for re-sellers .... or you might try and contact the UK 3M at: http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal...rp/Contact-3M/ to see if you can order a roll of the Scotchprint Graphics 3M product.
Thanks for the info, I might go that route and get someone else to print them for me.
You certainly seem to like their service so with a recommendation like that how can I not give them a go.

Thank you
Lee
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyO View Post
I'm not sure if they will have exactly what you are looking for, but they certainly have a large variety and are an industrial supplier. They will not have skins. But,they do have any conceivable sticker/label you may need, including rolled. They will also do custom printing for you... in fact that is their standard.

Seton Inc.
Thank you now I have even more ideas and suppliers for every possible eventuality !
Thanks again
Lee
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow