RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Adding a BEFORE/AFTER photo gallery to a site.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM

Adding a BEFORE/AFTER photo gallery to a site.

Happy New year to all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have no web design/programming experience. I would like to know what is the easiest way to add a
BEFORE/AFTER photo gallery unto my own personal retouching site.
I'm looking for easy upload and ease of use. Can someone offer me some advice?? Simplicity is key here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Re: Adding a BEFORE/AFTER photo gallery to a site.

A very simple method is to use a little bit of JavaScript to flip between images. I have started developing a site and have an example of this method on the main image:
http://www.imagecraft.eu
If you are interested I can provide more detail, however some HTML knowledge would be needed...... How do you intend to develop your site?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Very nice website Paul.

For me, I chose to create 'gif's where the photo transitions by itself, created in CS2 using the animation tool. However, I am in the process of re-doing the site with the rollover (like yours, Paul) because I don't really like the animations. Another alternative, if you're using CS2 or above, is creating a gallery using its templates.

Xxxmen if you were looking for more of a 'gallery', here's a link at RP explaining a little bit more about Gallery2: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/you...tml#post200282 .

You will have to have access to the admin section of your website and know a little html., here's the link to the Gallery2 website: http://gallery.menalto.com/ .

Good luck!

Last edited by Rombagirl; 01-02-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2009, 10:55 AM

I just plan to have a "Gallery" tab. Once you click this tab it would open "Before and After" pics. Someone also recommended "Simpleviewer"
Do I need web /html knowledge to use this application?
I really want to avoid using html or any type of programming. How about th
use of Adobe Cs3 photogallery? Is this a possible method?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM

hi,
My thoughts.
First if you have a fairly good webpage editor.. you won't need much html experience .. they have automated features to insert the proper codes. you don't have to manually remember and put in..!

now with that said the 2 easiest and simplist that comes to mind....
1. just put 2 pictures in side by side...! or with your PS make a image file that contains the pictures side by side..... then insert the pictures into your webpages.. that very basic and any editor handles that and procedures are simple..

2. another possiblity... is make a animated gif.... with appropriate time delay.
the only problem with animated gifs is that your basically restricted to 256 display shades!! and if your image has more than that.. your going to lose some shades....

3. after that... well if you got a good editor... roll overs.. should be fairly simple to create...

well those are my thoughts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmen View Post
Happy New year to all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have no web design/programming experience. I would like to know what is the easiest way to add a
BEFORE/AFTER photo gallery unto my own personal retouching site.
I'm looking for easy upload and ease of use. Can someone offer me some advice?? Simplicity is key here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow