Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Photoshop Elements

Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Photoshop Elements

I've been happily using Photoshop elements 2 for color printing on a Canon i960, without realizing that I can't see the entire "Print Preview" box if I check "show more options." I use a 15 " Dell CRT (800x600) and the operating system on my computer is Windows XP professional. I've fooled around with the control panel settings but the window always cuts off just below "color space" so I can't get to the other options." I discovered the problem when I tried to get more control over my printer when converting color images to black and white.

Any ideas, somebody?

Bob Green
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Re: Photoshop Elements

You may get more answers in the PS Elements Help forum, here in RP. I'm not an Elements user, so I'm not real sure. But it could be due to the relatively low resolution your graphics card is set for (800x600). Elements 2 is rather old and may be designed to show all dialogs correctly at that resolution. However, most app's today are designed for 1024 x 768 or higher, and do cut off dialogs below that. So, it just sounds similar to other app problems related to resolution. Is that what you meant when you said "fooled around with control panel settings" ?

You could also check your font settings, under Control Panel>Display>Appearance tab. Sometimes a setting of "large fonts" will force dialogs to push down a bit.

And if Elements has any preferences that affect font size, check that against the graphic resolution to see if there is a conflict, or a better match up.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Re: Photoshop Elements

Went to Adobe forums and got essentially the same answer as yours. Then I remembered that I hadn't "restarted" after applying the change. Presto, all windows smaller in PSE 2. So now I can see Intent. Thanks for putting me on the right path. Too bad one can't selectively shrink a window when it doesn't display properly.

Bob Green

PS: I realized this problem after learning of a technique to get truer b&w prints from my Canon i960. It's not perfect, but when it works, I can eliminate the dreaded purple color cast.

Again, Thanks.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow