RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Printer Hardware Calibration choices?

Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Printer Hardware Calibration choices?

What type of printer hardware calibrators do you use? I was looking into the Colormunki by x-rite.. http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1114 for $500.00 and wanted to know your thoughts.

I know that's a pretty lightweight system as compared to the more pro models, but spending $1,500 on the higher end models just isn't something I can spend money on. Although color accuracy is important for me, it's not THAT important.

Feel free to give me any suggestions about other systems I should look into. I really appreciate your help with all of my color management questions!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 PM

Re: Printer Hardware Calibration choices?

it is considered an entry level system, how much color profiling will you be doing?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 PM

not alot honestly.

basically, I just noticed that some colors aren't matching 100% correctly to my monitor. I've got my monitor calibrated using the i1Display 2 but the printer is a tad bit off in certain color ranges. I was printing some light tan tones the other night and noticed some shifting either too warm or too cool, depending on the color I was trying to achieve.

Also, one thing I'd like to have the option of is using other paper manufacturers and get problem free results.

is it even worth it for me to get an entry level system like this? or would it be better to just not get anything unless I ever get to the point to where I need a higher end setup?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2009, 04:52 AM

I've had really good results with PrintFox Pro.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-16-2009, 01:59 AM

i have colour munki and have given up on it. we just print a few test strips then a create an action for the calibration for each job. this method gets us way closer to a monitor/print match than colormunki does.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow