Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

In your opinion..

Old 06-24-2011, 04:41 PM
In your opinion..

What is the best work flow for retouching? I do a lot of skin retouching (separation technique, healing, etc.), cloning, and separate color editing on different parts of the photo.

The problem I am running into is this... lets say I start by doing some separation of the photo to color correct the skin and remove blemishes (we'll call this layer 1), then I group those layers and then next I want to do something else. The problem is the next layer (layer 2) I want to create, I dont necessarily want the info from the grouped layer on it, in case I want change Layer 1 in the future, but when I create layer 2 it hides all the info from layer 1 because it is ontop of it. and the same goes with rest.. I don't want layer 3 to have the same info as layer 2, incase i want to change layer 2 later.. etc. etc.

So I guess what I am trying to find out is what is the best layer order and if there is some special way to create a layer so that it shows the info from the previous ones without actually applying it to that layer.

Hopefully I am making sense and any help/opinions is greatly appreciated.

(I posted this in the retouching forum and then realized maybe it should go here. I couldn't figure out how to delete that one so sorry about double posting)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow