Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Premier Art Canvas: Museum vs. Photo grade

Old 08-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Premier Art Canvas: Museum vs. Photo grade

Does anyone have an opinion on the difference between these two series canvases by Premier Art? I have been using the museum grade (2960 series) for years. Recently, I mistakenly purchased a couple rolls of Epson Exhibition canvas and HATE it, but the whiteners gave me a better contrast ratio than the museum grade. That's when I looked into the Photo grade (2970 series) from Premier Art. It SEEMS the only difference is the OBA's. Specs-wise, all else is the same. I would think this would be better suited for digital photography and less suitable for giclee, of which I don't typically perform.

Anyone have an opinion?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2014, 03:42 AM
Re: Premier Art Canvas: Museum vs. Photo grade

I guess if the specifications are the same then it must be down to personal preference of the 'look' of a particular image on a particular paper.

You are already a Giclee printer as is anyone who uses an inkjet. Giclee just a 'hoity toity' name for squirting or spraying and coined by Nash editions for the high quality work they did on IRIS printers in the 80,/90's. At the time there were negative thoughts about computer generated imagery and inkjet printing. I wonder if Giclee is used in France due to connotations with the use of the word in vulgar slang
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow