RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

w8/7 color management settings and nvdia drivers

Old 06-09-2015, 04:25 AM

Question w8/7 color management settings and nvdia drivers

hi

today i updated my nvidia drivers on my laptop and i get some color issue

according to a topic in the
Quote:
nvida forum Nvidia drivers bad color management; HELP
(i don't know if i can add the link,seeing it's another forum )

i would like to know if i have to setup w8.1 and w7 color management like the forum

in short should i assing to my monitor device sRGB Color Space Profile.icm ?

thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2015, 02:17 PM

Re: w8/7 color management settings and nvdia drive

sRGB is just a generic profile, although it refers to a number of subtle variations. Just run whatever calibration utility you would for the updated version. Nothing you wrote gives any real indication of what happened.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klev View Post
sRGB is just a generic profile, although it refers to a number of subtle variations. Just run whatever calibration utility you would for the updated version. Nothing you wrote gives any real indication of what happened.
hi
and for my laptop ? i'm often out with different lights , can't calibrate everytime

what should i do with a laptop?

thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra View Post
hi
and for my laptop ? i'm often out with different lights , can't calibrate everytime

what should i do with a laptop?

thanks
Care to elaborate regarding lights? I may have misinterpreted you. Typically you get the best results working in low light, but it's not always practical. I prefer low light, because surroundings influence the way stuff will appear to you. It can also make your notebook screen appear dark and flat, due to being overpowered by things that reflect off of it. You can't do much about that, especially not if you're outside. You can shade it or bring a dark cloth if it's really important. For just general variations in indoor lighting, you're mostly okay. For photoshop I recommend disabling any auto-brightness features. Just calibrate/profile as you normally would and leave critical decisions for a more controlled environment whenever possible.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2015, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klev View Post
Care to elaborate regarding lights? I may have misinterpreted you. Typically you get the best results working in low light, but it's not always practical. I prefer low light, because surroundings influence the way stuff will appear to you. It can also make your notebook screen appear dark and flat, due to being overpowered by things that reflect off of it. You can't do much about that, especially not if you're outside. You can shade it or bring a dark cloth if it's really important. For just general variations in indoor lighting, you're mostly okay. For photoshop I recommend disabling any auto-brightness features. Just calibrate/profile as you normally would and leave critical decisions for a more controlled environment whenever possible.
hi
thanks
i create several monitor profiles with different daylight and shade for my laptop
can't switch with color munki software
can i use windows color management to switch betweem them with using set as default and have "use Windows display calibration" enabled to load gamma correction?

http://i.imgur.com/VtcPJLY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u94ABvD.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2015, 12:51 PM

You should be able to do that, but you will want to test the results to ensure that they're in line with what you expected to see. I don't know all of the implementation details of both things, so I can't guarantee that they will be absolutely equivalent.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow