RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Graphire 2 or 3?

Old 05-26-2004, 01:23 AM

Graphire 2 or 3?

Ok, here is my big question of the moment. I am about to purchase a Graphire, and can get the 2 refurbished for less than 60, but the 3 refurbished is just under 80. Is there much or any difference in the performance of the 2 and 3? Thanks so much in advance!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2004, 07:36 AM

I have both and much prefer the 3. It just *feels* better and when I have to use the mouse - the mouse feels like an actual mouse. The mouse on the 2 was like an afterthought and I never liked using it.

Just my opinion, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2004, 01:03 PM

I FINALLY DID IT!!! WOOHOO!! lol I did some searching and found that I could get hte Wacom Graphire 3 4x5 for $77 and change and free shipping from Buy.com I was so suprised to actually get the thing in UPS only two days after I ordered it. I love it so much. My sister tried it out and now she wants one so I will be going back there some time this month to get another.

Oh and if you are really interested, heres the bestest part of all. After I ordered there was a link to get $25 off the order. You have to join this thing called Great Fun, and it took a few days to get the cash back forms in my email, but I am about to fill it out and send it in. I actually got 4 of these $25 cash back forms for buy.com but they have to be used one per quarter. And when I say join I mean a 2 month free trial. I will let you all know if I do get the 25, but I am feeling optimistic about it.

So - to recap, Graphire 3 4x5 for $77 free shipping and 25 cash back after that? all totaled, $52. And to my suprise it ws actually NEW. I mean brand spaking new in box, off the shelf and to me in 2 days. Ok. Enough.

Can ya tell I'm excited. And I absolutely do love it. I am suprised too at how big 4x5 actually is. Don't think I could stand any bigger. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2004, 01:37 PM

I'm happy for you!! Even at full price, I thought it was a bargain. I couldn't live without mine.

Enjoy!!

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2004, 12:40 PM

My poor Graphire

Hi all...

Last winter was particularly dry in Northern Colorado. I have had a graphire 2 tablet for a couple of years and didn't know how much I depended on it. One morning I went to the computer and reached for the mouse to bump the screen saver.... ZZZAAPP. A spark leapt from my hand to the frame of the tablet and it has not worked since. Even worse I am on a Mac and had replaced the "hockey puck" mouse with the cool cordless graphire mouse. After a couple of days I couldn't stand it any more and went out an found a cheap mouse with a scroll wheel [don't know how I lived without that before]. Imagine life without duct tape...

Lately I have been doing a lot more with Photoshop and really miss the pen and tablet. Have been waiting till I can justify a new tablet and now may just have to get a new 3.

Kent
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2004, 02:20 PM

The mouse on the 3 is way better than the one on the 2 was. I've had them both.

Keep hoping Apple will come out with a scroll mouse but maybe that will be the big announcement at the end of the month

If you're running Panther and you have a tablet, you can use Ink so you can make those cool, quick sketches any time, anywhere and "send" them to any open application that can receive them.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow