RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

New Toy Alert!!

Old 10-14-2001, 10:53 PM

New Toy Alert!!

Hi Gang,
OK, I got a new mouse. We used to have a Memorex ball mouse but it didn't come with a driver for Win 2000 so it wasn't always cooperative. We decided to get a new mouse and some of the recent threads on mice really helped me make that decision. I ended up getting the IBM Optical Navigator. (Cord not battery) It is real nice so far and I like the curved design to fit our hand. Plus it has 3 buttons and a scroller wheel. It's my first experience with the optical mouse and I am thrilled with it's easy use. I especially like the pretty blue light in the scroller. Anyway I want to thank you all for your responses to my earlier mouse thread and other mouse threads so I could find the right one. So far I would recomend this one for feel and ease of use. Sure beats cleaning out the ball compartment.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 05:49 AM

Well I'm feeling left out guess I'll have to run out and buy a new toy too...LOL.

Glad you like your mouse DJ..I'm still using my logitech cordless and love it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 09:10 AM

Chris
I was going to go for the cordless but got discouraged when Doug said he had one and was replacing the batteries too often for a costly expense. So then I thought about adding a Wacom 4D mouse to my tablet because it is batteryless but I heard alot of members who claim that one is not convient to use. So I went with the basic cord mouse. So far the cord isn't getting in my way like our other one did. How is yours doing power wise? Are you having to keep replacing batteries often?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 09:19 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Mornin' Debbie,

That blue light had to be the deciding factor. Thanks for the report. I've been really lucky with my original mouse. It is a Microsoft for Gateway 2000, I've had it for at least 2 years, and I've never had to clean it. No, it's not because my area is spotless.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 09:52 AM

HI DJ,

I bought my mouse in march and if I'm not mistaken I've replaced the batteries twice...takes 2 AAA batteries.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 09:55 AM

No I wouldn't think anyone who chose a pig for an avatar had a spotless work area. Oh, the glowing blue wheel was a total surprise. Didn't even know about it til we got it up and running. Dave takes one look at it and says "Oh yeah, that's a cancer causer there."
My next new toy will be a scanner since my old one is acting up on me.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 09:56 AM

When I still had my ball mouse I had a cowcatcher device on the front to push dust and spiders out of the way.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 09:59 AM

Spiders??? Boy Chris you must work in one of those old castle dungeons. Are you sure that castle picture you took wasn't your house? Love the cowcatcher idea though.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2001, 12:32 PM

Of course, all Englishmen in the north have to live in castles in case of raids across the border by the Scot's.

As regards spiders I've two monsters live in my office I think they like the warmth. Every evening around 23.00 they emerge and wander around the walls on patrol. I don't think they're partners as female spiders tend to snack on the males rather like humans !

Good luck with the 'optical navigator' mine only has a red light.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2001, 01:49 PM

Called into a computer store today and what should I see but a cordless optical mouse (Logitech) Claimed that a line of sight connection twixt mouse and computer not required(range 6') Exercised iron self control and left the store.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow