Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

The other programs

Old 12-10-2004, 03:00 AM
The other programs

Im not sure its the correct forum to post this in, but the software was split into adobe programs only.

Im sure almost all of you use photoshop from adobe to make the most of your retouching. But im also sure that alot of you are using some small specialysed programs to make smaller tasks that they do better than ps. i curently use about 6-8 programs to my editing, and this is without any bought actions/plugins.
So which do you use?

i use;
neat image and noise ninja (still testing and comparing)
Nikon capture 4 (this is to edit the nikon raw files .nef)
Genius fractials (the trial plugin tp ps, just waiting to get money to buy it for real
foto station (not really a editing program, but a more of database to manga all you pictures. it can edit though)
Exif viewer 2 (i think its called, its fast and show the iso exif of my nikon files corectly)
And ofcause adobe photoshop

I might have fogoten something, but this is the most used.

Im new to this site so i havent tjeckt out your tutrials, but please post links, coments and sugestions.
If you whant an idea of who i am take a look at my introducing in the saloon

Thanks, Lasse
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Hi Lasse, as well as those, try Polaroid Dust and Noise Filter, it comes with a plug in for PS, and in my opinion does a better job than PS's native filter.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Smile other programs

Hi there,
I'm new to the site, so if I'm repeating obvious choices please forgive me!but here are some I use...
For converting raws: Capture 1 (Phase One) It is slower than Photoshop, and takes some getting used to (and learning) but once you've learned it and used it, you'll appreciate it. (This is coming from someone who used to hate it!!!) Better detail in the shadows, alot less color fringing, are among some of the advantages.

Photokit sharpener: for sharpening photos selectively with brushes..(and many other effects
Photokit: all kinds of useful time saving filters and film filter effects (grain...)
Best of all these two Photokit filters have a free trial download that allows you full access to all features with no lines or watermarks...Try them it's worth it.
(ps no I don't work for them!!)

Take care,
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow