RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Legal Issues Copyright, releases, likeness rights, licenses, etc.
NOT a replacement for professional council

Omfg

Old 07-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Re: Omfg

and the retoucher for the same shot was Chris Orwig who works for Lynda... I've contacted him too...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
OMG

This is what they answered me!

Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "Act"), we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your license to use the Site if we determine in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including allege acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing. We accommodate and do not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (c), we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. All claims of infringement must be submitted in a written complaint that complies with the requirements below and delivered to our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement by mail:

The Legal Department
909 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor
El Segundo, California 90245
Tel: 888 879 0239
legal@internetbrands.com

In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary right must include the following information:

A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.

B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly, for materials that are defamatory or infringe patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights of a third party, please submit a list of such materials.

C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.

D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/ or e-mail address.

E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material, in the manner complained, of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.

F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
seems like pretty standard legal bumpf... just comply with what they're asking and they'll take it down...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorbuildings View Post
seems like pretty standard legal bumpf... just comply with what they're asking and they'll take it down...
yes but that's not the point! THEY DON'T CARE

They have ALLOWED thatand they don't even care!!! OWWWWW I HATE MM

Always did Always will - it sucks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:20 PM

no don't think it's that they don't care. they just have to investigate it a little otherwise you could just claim all your competitors were frauds and have their profiles removed. it might take a little while but do what you need to and you'll have them shut down...

there's no way they could verify that every upload is a legitimately copyrighted image...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 PM

Can you post comments on each of the photos to that effect?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorbuildings View Post
no don't think it's that they don't care. they just have to investigate it a little otherwise you could just claim all your competitors were frauds and have their profiles removed. it might take a little while but do what you need to and you'll have them shut down...

there's no way they could verify that every upload is a legitimately copyrighted image...
I don't know... it's why they call them self MODS -- If I have an account to be approved and it' a girl charging U$D50 and she works for DIOR and MAC I'd get a bit suspicious ¬¬

The MAC adds COME ON!!! Moderation on that site SUCKS
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM

It looks worse than it is - and that's probably whats intended, its just a "we cant be arsed to do anything" standard legal thing. A translation of their requirements … as far as I can see…
1 A written letter clearly stating that you are the 'creator' of the images, and that those images have been directly taken from you AND the Photographers.

A Your signature

B A list of exactly which images on the site that 'High-end anonymous Retouching, Female' is claiming are hers - the ones that you did. You can't copyright them - that's for the photographer, THEY will have copyright

C As above, and a link to the material that you want them to take down "or access to which is to be disabled"

D Your written statement that the photographer who owns copyright, does not authorize the use of those images by 'Retouching, Female" - and needs to be signed.

E A statement of accuracy - just means "…*the information contained in this letter is complete and accurate"
A threat with legal action (advice, doesn't necessarily have to be followed up of course) - that's the best you can do.

Last edited by Markzebra; 07-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=1134537

How can someone do such a thing!!!!

She doesn't only uses my pictures but also MAC and DIOR - I know those images and who's done them!!!!

Many are from this same FORUM

OMG OMG OMG

How can we stop this? I HATE MM and i don't have an account there because I think it's a very amateur site and most mods are jerks. But I think I should create one, just to let them know about this!!!!

Wonder how many of my images are out there?????

HELP!

x
Natalia, Clicked your link and got this message

" MM#
This user is not here atm. bye. "
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
Natalia, Clicked your link and got this message

" MM#
This user is not here atm. bye. "
Must have been the around.... 1500 ppl writing to MM and flagging her

lol

It's nice to be liked
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 PM

sadly, she is gonna create another account and repost yours and others images. dishonest people are everywhere, not just on MM. btw, natalia: do you still hate MM? i see you spend a lot of time giving retouching tips to "photoshop wizards" over there
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues