RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Legal Issues Copyright, releases, likeness rights, licenses, etc.
NOT a replacement for professional council

Omfg

Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Omfg

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=1134537

How can someone do such a thing!!!!

She doesn't only uses my pictures but also MAC and DIOR - I know those images and who's done them!!!!

Many are from this same FORUM

OMG OMG OMG

How can we stop this? I HATE MM and i don't have an account there because I think it's a very amateur site and most mods are jerks. But I think I should create one, just to let them know about this!!!!

Wonder how many of my images are out there?????

HELP!

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM

Re: Omfg

Hello lovely God Mother. First thing I would do is contact the deepest pockets of the 3. Dior is big but I think Steve Jobs has the heavier wallet. Contact Apple central and ask to speak to their legal department. They will quiz you as they will think you want to sue them. Give them enough to send you through to legal. Give them the web address and they will probably ask to see your orignials as well. Contacting Dior would be not so easy but if MAC corporate gets wind of it, they will surely contact Dior. You need to gather your originals and look in Photoshop to collect EXIF info and also any documentation you may have. I have addressed this issue before and was scolded by some guy who thought he knew better so I let him ramble, blah, blah, blah,blah. This mother is as blatand as it comes and for profit so it add's more mitigating circumstance. Sorry, third edit already. I think first you need to contact the photographers so they can come on board with you and also make sure none of them gave any consent of all, which I am sure they did not. This is about as blatant as it gets.

c - Now YOU have to Let me be your Facebook friend..
c

I love it when you use that dirty mouth too, by the way!
Wait, that sounded terrible. How 'bout I love it when you cuss like a sailor
c

Last edited by Sweetlight; 07-20-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlight View Post
I love it when you use that dirty mouth too, by the way!
Wait, that sounded terrible. How 'bout I love it when you cuss like a sailor
c
Lol... Might be the Latina in me

HOW CAN SHE DO THAT???? Model Mayhem SUCKS!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Hey, I love the Latina in you Years of dating a lovely Puerto Rican woman has taught me to respect that hot blood
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 12:19 PM

I think you should Contact the site and let them Know someone is using your images
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zganie View Post
I think you should Contact the site and let them Know someone is using your images
I have created an account, fagged every one of her pictures and wrote this to the adm:

Jul 20 09 10:19 am
How can u allow this??
http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=1134537

Lou Denim - the photographer she mentions notified me about this account.

This so called retoucher is using COPYRIGHTED material - most from ME and Lou Denim and some from other TOP retouchers around the world

Feel free to check my folio, or Deviant account or flyckr account or just plain google Natalia Taffarel

If this account is not taken down immediately I WILL take legal actions! and so will MAC and Lou Denim and everyone who's pictures have been STOLEN by this person.

A SHAME about the security on this site!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Yes that's a hard one to learn. That's why you honestly got to be careful whether you post stuff at all. I have had three occasions when I have seen work samples from other retouchers that I knew I did at least 90% of the work on.

When it comes to work you put on the web - Natalia - this is yet another reason why you should keep PSD's. Then at least you know if you get the chance to prove to a client you did it, you can.

Last edited by Markzebra; 08-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
Yes that's a hard one to learn. That's why you honestly got to be careful whether you post stuff at all. I have had three occasions when I have seen work samples from other retouchers that I knew I did at least 90% of the work on. Happened recently when I had done some visualising and retouching for Sky Sports last year. I discovered one of the retouchers who had worked only on one of the 'offshoots', had put it as a before and after on their PDF, except the 'before' wasn't really THEIR 'before'

When it comes to work you put on the web - Natalia - this is yet another reason why you should keep PSD's. Then at least you know if you get the chance to prove to a client you did it, you can.
I can probe it easy - I posted it first YEARS before her

And I don't need prof for clients. My clients are my friends.
I work based on trust every time and if I don't lie u I can't work for u.

I know it's a lil bit weird but it's the way it is
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 12:57 PM

I recognise one of the images from the Lynda.com tutorials:

This one:
http://modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=12138220

the photographer's website is rburman.com

I have emailed the photographer to let him know someone is infringing on his copyright. xh
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2009, 01:02 PM

OMG

This is what they answered me!

Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "Act"), we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your license to use the Site if we determine in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including allege acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing. We accommodate and do not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (c), we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. All claims of infringement must be submitted in a written complaint that complies with the requirements below and delivered to our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement by mail:

The Legal Department
909 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor
El Segundo, California 90245
Tel: 888 879 0239
legal@internetbrands.com

In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary right must include the following information:

A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.

B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly, for materials that are defamatory or infringe patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights of a third party, please submit a list of such materials.

C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.

D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/ or e-mail address.

E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material, in the manner complained, of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.

F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues