RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Legal Issues Copyright, releases, likeness rights, licenses, etc.
NOT a replacement for professional council

Help Needed to Fix Legal Issues

Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 PM

Help Needed to Fix Legal Issues

Is there anyone who could help me suggest the ways that are secure as I have uploaded my work (which I have done for different firms) on my blog, but my friends are of the view that it is illegal, because it is their property for whom you did that. Is there any solution for that?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 AM

Re: Help Needed to Fix Legal Issues

I would think that it would be assumed that non disclosure was a given, unless stated otherwise.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Re: Help Needed to Fix Legal Issues

Quote:
suggest the ways that are secure
Secure for what? If you don't want anyone seeing or copying it - delete it.

Quote:
I have uploaded my work (which I have done for different firms) on my blog, but my friends are of the view that it is illegal, because it is their property for whom you did that.
Do you have contracts? Doing work for firms, implies you're pro and therefore would have legal agreements. What do those say? A work for hire generally provides terms of licensing and would specify the scope of allowable useage - or did you sell complete ownership of the images? (not recommended)

Are your friends attorneys that specialize in copyright and use laws? Even if it's a work for hire - there is a reasonable expectation that you can use images of your work yourself in your portfolio etc. - for personal use. Your using them for other commercial purposes though would present legal issues, as a work for hire.

My recommendations - tell your "friends" to be less friendly with such advice. LOL Post all the images you have created you like - you have rights to them unless you have specifically sold their ownership entirely as stated in a contract. 99.9% chance no firm will ever even notice or care. If they do approach you, and by chance own all the legal rights - you'll get a nice cease and desist letter. There can be no "damages" unless you are slandering them.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues