RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Legal Issues Copyright, releases, likeness rights, licenses, etc.
NOT a replacement for professional council

Photographer won't give me my photos as promised

Old 12-03-2014, 04:04 PM

Re: Photographer won't give me my photos as promis

I'd be pleasant and tell them you can see that editing the photos and converting the videos is a lot of work and you'd be pleased if you could just have the raw images and video and you'll do the conversions yourself. You'd like to come by their house with a hard drive and all they need do is transfer the images while you enjoy the cookies you'll bring.

As for you getting jpegs from them instead of raws, that might be what they shot. Shouldn't be, but could be.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2014, 04:08 PM

That's what I should've thought and I think you might be right - she has mentioned several times later on after the two events that she's a bit skint far too often. And I was totally naive (I could really kick myself). But then I'm currently living in an island with about 1000 people. Everyone knows everyone else. People leave their doors unlocked and car keys on the ignition - made it hard to remember that not everyone can be trusted. :-( I was thinking to show these photos to an actual professional but I was concerned about copyright. Is that ok if I do that? I don't want to get anyone in trouble.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashtones View Post
I'd be pleasant and tell them you can see that editing the photos and converting the videos is a lot of work and you'd be pleased if you could just have the raw images and video and you'll do the conversions yourself. You'd like to come by their house with a hard drive and all they need do is transfer the images while you enjoy the cookies you'll bring.

As for you getting jpegs from them instead of raws, that might be what they shot. Shouldn't be, but could be.

I tried that. :-( I even said that I'd look forward to doing it because it'll help pass the time when I fly for 19 hours. She insists that she's the only one who can do the video edits and no one else. I managed to get the photos in jpeg (she insists that she converted them from raw to jpeg but I have my doubts). I don't think I'm alone in saying that I feel lied to and that I hate it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Legal Issues