RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LucisArt Support Forum Official support forum for LucisArt and LucisPro

Lucis PRO - Where can I find a comprehensive tutorial?

Old 09-24-2006, 02:13 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Re: Is there a comprehensive PRO tutorial?

And the cars, which didn't fit in the last upload.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg luciscars.jpg (90.8 KB, 153 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels

In many cases, Lucis Art/Sculpture works like Photoshop's Shadow/Highlight feature, but adds a lot more detail in both shadows and highlights (almost as if you lightly outlined every edge in pencil).

I started this thread about Lucis PRO and see that it has now evolved into Lucis Art, which is okay of course, but it does not not help me with my struggles with Lucis Pro. Did you mean Lucis PRO or Lucis Art ". . .works like Photohop's Shadow/Highlight feature"?

If the comment was made regarding Lucis Pro, could you tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Skippy2
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Patron

Re: Lucis PRO - Where can I find a comprehensive tutorial?

Skippy, true--we are guilty of topic drift...

I was commenting about Lucis Art; I don't have Pro (it is Windows-only and my main platform is Mac). Though I would assume Pro can do anything Lucis Art can do and then some, it having the capability to control the effects to a finer degree.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2006, 12:06 AM

I have the Lucis Art plugin and have been very satisfied. It took me a while to find the combinations that gave me the required results and I also use the plug-in along with layer masks so I can better control the amount and where the effect is present. I remember talking with Barbara when I purchased the software and she said the plugin seems to be a well guarded secret within the photography community. Looks like the word is getting out now. Here are a couple of real-world examples:
I used Lucis Art to put back texture into the hat of this model after retouching the image.
This baby was a photo-art challenge here on retouchpro. I used Lucis art but then used a layer mask to paint out some of the effect from the face. However, this was not just Lucis Art as I then took it into painter to add the outlines. The plugin also works well in combination with painter to create a sketch look.
Hope this helps.
~Nancy~

www.photart123.com
www.pix2portraits.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retouch-hat-b-a.jpg (21.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg babyboy-beforeafter.jpg (70.1 KB, 180 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2006, 01:36 PM

Sorry I have been away.

Lucis Pro gives you much more access to image content than LucisArt. I know that the terms "big cursor" and "small cursor" are scientific but the big cursor slider really is "detail enhancement" and the small cursor slider is really "detail smoothing." Using both sliders lets you pull out contrast patterns in the image.

Lucis Pro is very easy to use but you have to have a good eye. Right now I have a policy whereby I give any person who buys Lucis Pro 5.0 a 15 minute tutorial over the phone to show the customer the major features of Lucis Pro. That is how easy it is to learn to use. The tutorial must be used with 30 days of buying Lucis Pro. Also anyone can return Lucis Pro within 30 days of buying it. There is a refund on the software if the materials are returned in excellent condition. There is a restocking fee if the materials are damaged. The customer is responsible for shipping costs out and back. Lucis Pro is protected by a HASP key so if you return the key you can't use the software. (A necessary disclaimer- this policy is subject to change without notice.)

The best thing to do if you are considering buying Lucis Pro 5.0 and the web site does not answer your questions is to call me. US toll free 866-RING-ICT.

Also barring anything unforeseen I plan to release LucisArt Pro for Windows in late 2007. LucisArt Pro will have Lucis Pro 5.0 features but will be a Photoshop plug-in. This is what my photography customers really would like. People who purchase Lucis Pro 5.0 between now and the release of LucisArt Pro will have the option to upgrade for free to LucisArt Pro. They would simply have to return the Lucis Pro HASP key.

In mid 2007 I also plan to release LucisArt 3.0 for Windows. This software will have a larger preview window, the ability to handle 48 bit color and 16 bit grayscale, plus a few other features that i think my customers will like. I don't have LucisArt 2.0 upgrade or LucisArt 3.0 pricing yet.

I don't know what my plans are yet for Macintosh. I have to let the installed base of Pentium Macs incease plus I also have to let Adobe address this issue first.

Best regards
Barbara
Image Content Technology LLC
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2006, 09:55 AM

When is the issue to be available?

Just checked and no way to get it from the site, as yet.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels
•I'm attaching a sneak preview from the cover tutorial in my upcoming Plugs 'N Pixels ezine (issue #7). The first step to creating the final cover image was to apply Lucis Art's Sculpture filter to the original image of the window (shown at left). Notice how a number of things happened: The shadows popped open, the image gained overall sharpness, and a nice vintage grain effect was added.

(After this I did several other treatments, not shown here, which you will read about in the tutorial).

Also attached is another example of Sculpture with a separate vignette on the hanging flowers (now I have a nice colored pencil sketch), and Klimpt (high in sugar content!) on the vintage cars (next post).
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Patron

Smile Re: Lucis PRO - Where can I find a comprehensive tutorial?

Hi Steve,

It's coming along nicely, though it will be a short while yet. I'm waiting for artwork from one contributor and still have a few pages to lay out and a long contributor article to edit down. The pages that are finished look very nice. In the meantime, I continue to add products to the companion website regularly.

If you're signed up for my ezine mailing list, I can send you the ezine as soon as it's ready.

Thanks for your interest!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum