Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LucisArt Support Forum Official support forum for LucisArt and LucisPro

LucisArt

Old 01-01-2008, 05:11 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Re: LucisArt

Don, I'm not seeing anything on the website about the upcoming Pro version not running on Macs. Instead, I read: "The Macintosh LucisArt Pro will work natively in Photoshop CS3 on the new Intel Macintosh computers."

You seem to have read, "It is also unlikely that LucisArt 2.1 will work in Photoshop Elements 5 on the Intel Macintosh computers when it is released unless you run Rosetta" and confused the existing 2.1 with the yet-to-be-released version of LucisArt Pro. I think this statement refers to PSE "when it is released".

What remains to be seen is if there will be a lower price-point version for both Windows and Mac. I'll have to get clarification on that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels View Post
Don, I'm not seeing anything on the website about the upcoming Pro version not running on Macs. Instead, I read: "The Macintosh LucisArt Pro will work natively in Photoshop CS3 on the new Intel Macintosh computers."

You seem to have read, "It is also unlikely that LucisArt 2.1 will work in Photoshop Elements 5 on the Intel Macintosh computers when it is released unless you run Rosetta" and confused the existing 2.1 with the yet-to-be-released version of LucisArt Pro. I think this statement refers to PSE "when it is released".

What remains to be seen is if there will be a lower price-point version for both Windows and Mac. I'll have to get clarification on that.
I do want to get the Pro version, but the names are just a little confusing. I think I read that if I had a PC rather than an Intel Mac, I could buy the Pro version now and get the the Intel Mac version at no cost when it is issued.

If I get the LucisArt (limited) version now, I could get a $70 credit when the Intel version comes out. My only concern is that the company seems to be "not too customer friendly", but I may be wrong. It is Just an impression that I get reading between the lines, but then I am suspicious of many Corporations.

Having said all this, I do want it!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

I'm awaiting some clarification (though it's a holiday today), but I wouldn't say ICT is "not too customer friendly"--but rather professional and no-nonsense ;-). Their policies are laid out plainly and LucisArt pirates get what they deserve, and then some (at least on Windows)! The owner, Barbara, encourages customers and website visitors to call her with questions during her business hours (508-346-3491 [US toll free 866-714-4236] or by e-mailing sales@imagecontent.com).

I'll post more info as I'm able, both here and on my website/ezine. In the meantime, we can read what's available on the LucisArt website and make our conclusions:

"It is important to back up the LucisArt demo software as old LucisArt demo software will not be posted once the new LucisArt Pro software is released" seems to mean the product line is going to be simplified upon the release of the new LucisArt Pro, though the current two products are pretty straightforward (other software developers tend to have a whole line of products I can never keep straight!).

However, the old versions of LucisArt should keep working, of course, just as they do now, provided you keep a safe copy. The only bugaboo is Photoshop CS3 and a change of processor platform on the Mac (PPC to Intel), which complicated a lot of plug-in and other software use anyway, and even that has a simple workaround which I have confirmed (Rosetta).
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-01-2008, 02:01 PM

Thank you. Anything you can add will help greatly. I guess I just need an intelligent path forward from where I am. I have the trial of LucisArt downloaded, I use an Intel Mac and I want to get the Native operating Pro product when it comes out.

And I prefer not to waste more $$$ than I have to . . . . or should. Your coupon offering certainly lessens the "sting".

Best of the New Year to you and Yours!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum