RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LucisArt Support Forum Official support forum for LucisArt and LucisPro

LucisArt

Old 12-29-2007, 03:02 PM

LucisArt

I tried to post a reply to a thread with this subject, but it was old and the system preferred that I post a new thread.

This software has interested me for quite some time and I have yet to make the purchase. Now with the Intel Mac, it seems to be further from reach with the development of a new version of Pro and the question of the Mac base being so small, Running under Rosetta just limits things too much.

But I really would like to keep abreast of opportunities that I can take advantage of. I watch the LucisArt groups work on Flickr and I am enthralled by it.

I also have seen the work of a Portrait Photographer that uses LucisArt in his work. Obviously he uses very minimal amounts of certain features and it adds greatly to the outcome, Are there any tutorials around?

Does anyone here use it? The Flickr group is quite large.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2007, 03:40 PM

Re: LucisArt

Don, lots of folks around here use Lucis. Like you, I've not purchased it yet although I don't have an intel Mac.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Don, lots of folks around here use Lucis. Like you, I've not purchased it yet although I don't have an intel Mac.
What has kept you from making the move? Have you tried the download? (I sound like I have an interest in it, I don't). My understanding is that it was developed for scientific applications and photographers are a peripheral market.

Take a look at the Flick group site on LucisArt. I love the effects that they get.
My only worry is that, the images "may" not look as good as they do on the computer screen when they are blown up to the sizes you may prepare as Art pieces for sale.

Anyway, I would love to hear from anyone with experience with it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 07:43 AM

>>>What has kept you from making the move?

Saving my $$ for a new MacPro.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
>>>What has kept you from making the move?

Saving my $$ for a new MacPro.

Swampy:

Ahhh! Maybe you could get a deal from the %#&&** that stole my 17" MacBook Pro at a Photo Seminar in Woburn, MA in October. When I bought the new one to replace it, I went the extra $100 or so to buy Lojack. Now I almost wish someone would lift this one so I could see the expression on his/her face when they are apprehended.

Have you tried the LucisArt download? Do you have a Flickr account?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 10:16 PM

Stole your MacBook Pro? OUCH!!

No, I don't have a flickr account, but I've seen the results of a lot of work done here in RTP to peak my interest in Lucis, I did try to install the demo, but it didn't work. It showed up in the filters, but everything was grayed out and I couldn't fiddle with it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 10:31 PM

On the PC demo version, Lucisart plugin 'results' are only shown in the thumbnail window = it's real hard to make an informed assessment. Seems like it's real hit/miss. That's what I found before I sold the copy/transferred the license on the one I bought. Some people love this plugin; others who took the plunge gripe about cost/benefit.

I believe I read somewhere a new version of Lucisart is "in the works." Check the website for up-to-date details.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 01:28 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

I'm one of those who has the full LucisArt (not LucisPro) and enjoys working with it (see some examples here and in my published work.

There will be some upgrade action this summer.

Also, professional photographers (which particular genre I'm not sure) tend to be the majority (90%) of LucisArt customers. Medical usage was Lucis' main roots (see the X-ray before-and-after on one of the links above), but it can be applied to a wide range of subjects from fine art to scenics to portraiture.

Last edited by plugsnpixels; 01-01-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 06:49 AM

In the past, no one responded and said they had the Pro version. Does anyone out there own Pro. If so, what can the pro version provide that the basic version doesn't? Can you provide examples? Is it worth the significant upgrade cost?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels View Post
I'm one of those who has the full LucisArt (not LucisPro) and enjoys working with it (see some examples here and in my published work.

I've been in touch with Barbara from LucisArt and she indicates there will be some upgrade action this spring. I don't have additional details, but I expect more info when the time comes.

Also, she's told me in the past that professional photographers (which particular genre I'm not sure) tend to be the majority of her customers. Medical usage was Lucis' main roots (see the X-ray before-and-after on one of the links above), but it can be applied to a wide range of subjects from fine art to scenics to portraiture.
I would love to get LucisArt because I have downloaded the trial and I like the affects. However I have the Intel Mac and read from the website that they may not cover mac on the new full version because the user base is so small. At least that is what I think based on what I have read. I have sent an email to them a few years ago and again a few days ago, but have not got any response. Of course, I live about 15 minutes from Franklin, MA and I think that is where they are.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum