no go. Copied the 'lucisart' file into the filters folder but i get the
"one or more plugins are not available on your system" dialog come
up.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 10:23 PM

Re: Lucisart on CS3/Intel

Is there any info on this on the Lucisart site? Barbara (the owner) is usually on top of this type of thing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 01:39 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

The info I have (gathered from the LucisArt website) states:

"LucisArt is compatible with Adobe Photoshop versions 6-CS3 and Adobe Photoshop Elements versions 2-6 on all Windows XP and Vista computers.

"LucisArt is compatible with Adobe Photoshop versions 6-CS2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements versions 2-4 on all Macintosh computers. Note: LucisArt will only work in Adobe Photoshop CS3 on Intel Macintosh computers by running Photoshop CS3 under Rosetta. LucisArt is compatible with Photoshop CS3 on all older Macintosh computers."

I'm a Mac user and use LucisArt on a G4 at home with CS3 normally, without problem. I just did a test on a MacBook with CS3 running under Rosetta and LucisArt (just now copied to the CS3 Plug-ins folder from my CS2 Plug-ins folder) launched, previewed and applied just fine. Without PS running under Rosetta, the LucisArt plug-in does not show up in the menu.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 06:58 AM

What is Rosetta?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 08:26 AM

LucisArt does work on an Intel Mac in Photoshop CS3 if you run CS3 in Rosetta. I have not seen any problems with my customers. You do not need to run Rosetta if you are using an earlier version of Photoshop.

Typically the error message you are seeing comes up if Photoshop is not being run under Rosetta. There are instrcutions on how to start LucisArt in Rosetta on the LucisArt tech support page http://www.lucisart.com/Technical_Support.htm if that helps.

Other than that I would make sure that you unstuffed the lucisart.2.1.sit file before copying it into the filters folder. the Macintosh demo LucisArt installation instructions are as follows:

MACINTOSH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
First download and decompress (unstuff) the demo version of LucisArt 2.1 for the Macintosh which is a .sit file. (You must have or install the free Macintosh stuffit expander available at www.stuffit.com.) Double click on the lucisart2.1.sit file to unstuff it. When the lucisart2.1.sit file is unstuffed you will see the LucisArt plug-in on your desktop. The LucisArt plug-in will either look like a Photoshop plug-in or a piece of paper with one edge folded down. Install the plug-in by dragging the entire LucisArt plug-in into the "Filters" folder which under the "Plug-Ins" folder in Photoshop. Make sure that Photoshop is off or restart Photoshop after installing LucisArt. Then open Photoshop and open an 8-bit image. Lucis/LucisArt will appear in the filters pull down menu. When you process your first image you will be asked to enter the serial number. The serial number activates the demo software.

Barbara
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 AM

Rosetta is a translation program that allows older software to run on the new Intel Macintosh computers. Rosetta is installed on every Intel Macintosh computer. Photoshop CS3 runs natively on the Intel Mac (it runs without Rosetta) but to use the older plug-ins like LucisArt you have to start CS3 in Rosetta. Older versions of Phtooshop automatically start using Rosetta because they need Rosetta to run themselves.

Image Content Technology is developing new LucisArt Pro software that will run natively on an Intel Mac. It is planned to be released in June 2008. This is a huge project that was started in January 2007.

Happy New Year everyone.

Barbara
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
What is Rosetta?
Rosetta allows the machine to run without the advantages of the later developments and therefore run much slower. That is what happens, but I am not sure that is the technical explanation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageContent View Post
Rosetta is a translation program that allows older software to run on the new Intel Macintosh computers. Rosetta is installed on every Intel Macintosh computer. Photoshop CS3 runs natively on the Intel Mac (it runs without Rosetta) but to use the older plug-ins like LucisArt you have to start CS3 in Rosetta. Older versions of Phtooshop automatically start using Rosetta because they need Rosetta to run themselves.

Image Content Technology is developing new LucisArt Pro software that will run natively on an Intel Mac. It is planned to be released in June 2008. This is a huge project that was started in January 2007.

Happy New Year everyone.

Barbara
That is good news, but the lower end still will not run on Intel Mac at that time? Is there a process by which I can get the plug in now and then Upgrade to the new LA Pro? Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Very good! Nothing like a restart or a reinstall to get things back on track.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum