RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LucisArt Support Forum Official support forum for LucisArt and LucisPro

LucisPro

Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Re: LucisPro

I am confused more now. As a Lucis Art user, what will the price for Pro be when the Mac version is available Sept.1 ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2008, 04:13 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Hi Don,

I agree it's been confusing, and I've tried to keep up with the various options, incentives, revisions and release dates. There's a summary of options on the top of the page here, but further details can be found on the developer's website.

If you are an existing registered customer of LucisArt 2 or Pro 5, you already received a coupon code for $140 from the developer via email. If you are a new customer, you can use the $70 coupon code on the page linked above. There is also a $50 introductory price reduction for Lucis Pro 6 being offered for a limited time, but I'm not sure if this is in addition to other discounts or not.

I've already got the Mac version of Lucis Pro 6, but an updated version is being tested next week (to address issues with multi-processor Macs, ie, quad and above). As a result, the Mac incentives are being extended to cover the additional testing time of the updated version.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2008, 05:35 PM

Well I hope I can find the code again, because I do not seem to have it now. I guess I will call Barbara.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2008, 01:52 PM

no i havent been into 3d terrain since mid-90s, the name/domain i thought of when i was on a 14-day water fast floating in the ocean belly-up, and the name sort of popped in my head. well 14 days without food alot tends to pop up in ones head. so i grabbed the domain that night..
thanks for these comparisons, ive always kept plugins to a minimum but these 3 i cant emulate in any time-saving way, so your comparisons will help, for now i lean to contrastmaster, although i gave the topaz people a list of 6 things id like to see in their plug, so ill see if they get incorporated. id use them most often as masks than anything else.
my most used plug for now in getting masks is maskerade, i wish photoshop had this sort of control in their upcoming version. or else i wish this plug could be used as a smart filter, or i wish there was a way to do smart-masks....
thanks again
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Patron

Maskerade: very cool, though not updated for years:

http://www.plugsandpixels.com/maskerade.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2008, 02:05 PM

hes done some tweaks to it, i know in 08 v3.0-3.3 all came out, as i had sent him some suggestions and bugs in it...i think hes limited to the filterforge limitations tho and thats why cant have it create a mask outright (you have to use it then copy the layer it creates and paste as a mask manually...). but i always await better ways to make masks

oh, i just looked, the maskerade you mention, for mac, is a totally different programmer, i guess someone is stepping on someone elses name
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Patron

I see, you're referring to this one:
http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/imaging/maskerade.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Patron

The latest development regarding LucisArt 3 (planned for late September) is that there will be two different versions (Enhance Detail and Special Effects).

See more details at the top of the page and under the blue heading at
http://www.plugsandpixels.com/lucisart.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM

Plugs...when you have time show me something you can do with LucisPro that you can't achieve with LucisArt. I know I know about the control of the channels, but please provide a better critique...pros and cons. What does it mean pro6 will be available again in Sept? Is their a technical problem with the Aug release? What are these new programs? Differences? Completely different? For example does the higher price program offer all the features of the version below it? If I have a lap top and a desk top can purchase be put on more than one computer? I assume no problem with transfer to a new computer if I buy one. If I have windows now and buy a Mac, I assume I can't turn in the windows version for a mac version?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Patron

Hi Skydog from Photoshop World (Tech Expo wireless...)!

The traditional LucisArt presets consist of settings from the older Lucis Pro 5, while Lucis Pro 6 has a means of accessing a continuum of effects seamlessly (ie, without artificial impediments in the form of buttons) via the two sliders. The new LucisArt 3 versions will either be lacking one slider (ED version) or be back to the presets (SE version, minus Klimpt).

I need to spend some more time in channel mode to see what Lucis Pro 6 can do beyond the norm.

The September re-release addresses Photoshop crashes that were the result of having 4 or more processors (I discovered this on an 8-core Mac Pro). I have personally confirmed that all is well now. Windows Photoshop was more forgiving with this, but its version got the fix too.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > LucisArt Support Forum