Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Where can I go to learn how to make graphic organizers

Old 07-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Where can I go to learn how to......

make graphic organizers?

I know this has nothing to do with photos but if anyone would know where to go you guys would. You have been so helpful in the past with my photo needs I thought someone might be able to help me out. I'm an elementary school teacher adn I thought it was about time I use PS for other things. I used to use MS paint (way back). For anyone that doesn't know what a graphic organizer is, basicaly all I want to be able to do is make many various shapes on a piece of paper and organize them the way I want. Look here if you need more of an idea.

Sorry for bothering you all and thanks in advance
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2005, 07:21 AM

umm, i guess i dont really know what graphic organizers are, but in looking at that link and some of the examples there, these seem pretty simple.

i dont use these all that often, but in paint shop pro (and i would assume in photoshop also) you have a tool call 'shapes'. and that's basically what it produces. you have all the standard geometric forms like squares and rectangles and circles and so on and a number of more items not quite as common. these are all pre-made so that you can call them up and manipulate them once placed.

the nice thing about these is that even once you've placed them and then done other things on the image, you can go back and re-arrange the ones already done. i'm attaching an image that shows this a little bit. i made some simple shapes on a new image. if you look at my tool bar on the left side of the image you'll see the shapes tool highlighted and the 'object mover'. you place your shapes how you want with the one and then re-arrange as needed with the second.

ok, i'll leave this at this point to make sure this is what you're looking for. if it's not or you need some help with it, let me know.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image3-1-k-1.jpg (95.8 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi Shoff,

is it something like this you are aiming to?

Done with PS and, like Craig, I used shapes, paths and, of course, Layers so you can rearrange the shapes wherever you wish ....

The left example would be for shapes only, the right for shapes and colours ...

P.S. (I've been a primary school teacher too before changing to translations ... )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_Shapes.jpg (89.3 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources