RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Free e-book: Photoshop eBook: 50 Fast Photoshop 7 Techniques

Old 11-22-2005, 12:44 AM

Free e-book: Photoshop eBook: 50 Fast Photoshop 7 Techniques

"This free 369-page Photoshop ebook shows you 50 step-by-step techniques to tweak, embellish, and transform photos. If you are serious about digital photography either as a passionate amateur, money-earning professional photographer or artist, or anywhere in between, and you want to edit your photos digitally with Photoshop 7 this book is for you! It is for you regardless of your experience level with Photoshop 7 or other versions."

I've got this book and "free" = a heck-of-a-price.

It presents some pretty nifty techniques. Most are easy to follow, so it's a good resource for rookies as well as those with more PS experience. Many work in Elements as is or with a little minor tweaking.

Caution: BIG .pdf file to download! (~32 MB)

http://rs114.rapidshare.com/files/15...0764536729.zip

Link courtesy of Judy Howle.

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 07-12-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Update link
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 07:52 AM

Thank you, Danny & Judy! Free just happens to fit nicely into my budget. I browsed it a little, then downloaded it to my desktop. It looks great, and as soon as I survive Thanksgiving, I plan to spend some quality time with my new book.
P.S. On cable, it was only about a 2 minute download.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 08:24 AM

yep, thanks for that link, haven't looked at it yet, but have downloaded it....day I stop learning I am dead
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2006, 04:21 AM

Great book even though it is ps7, is there anywhere I can get the before and after images?
Denn
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennford
Great book even though it is ps7, is there anywhere I can get the before and after images?
Denn
Greetings, Denn:

To my knowledge the only source of the images is the CD that comes with the book. Because it is PS7 based and a free download of the text is available online, I would not be surprised if one could find a hard copy on the used book market for relatively little money.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2006, 01:13 AM

Sorry I took a day or two to reply, but thanks for that Danny.

Denn
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2006, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the link Danny. Unfortunately I cannot download this because I took Gary’s advice and blocked a lot of sites in my Host file. TinyUrl.com is on my list of blocked sites.
I’m not sure what to do. Is it safe to remove this site from my list of blocked sites?

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameraken
Thanks for the link Danny. Unfortunately I cannot download this because I took Gary’s advice and blocked a lot of sites in my Host file. TinyUrl.com is on my list of blocked sites.
I’m not sure what to do. Is it safe to remove this site from my list of blocked sites?

Ken
Hi Ken:

Sorry you ran into a difficulties, but I'm glad you posted your question. The workaround that follows might work for you and others.

Here's the native URL. It's too long for the RetouchPRO forum software to accomodate, hence the TinyURL link I created.
* In your browser address line type: "www."
* Then copy/paste the rest of the link from below:

educationonlineforcomputers.com/blogs/post/Free_Training_Photoshop_Flash_Dreamweaver_FrontPage_Adobe_Macromedia_Apps/182/Free-369page-Photoshop-eBook-50-Fast-Photoshop-7-Techniques

Let me know if this works for you.

- - - - -

re: "Is it safe to remove [tinyurl.com] from my list of blocked sites?"
It would be safe to remove temporarily for this particular TinyURL link. I would not post something dangerous.

But Gary's suggestion has great merit "in general." It would protect you from those less scrupulous than me.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 AM

Danny.

Thank You for the workaround. I have now downloaded the book from your new link.
I did not realise what TinyUrl was. I thought it was a web site. But it appears now that it is just a way to make a link shorter. So a TinyUrl link could take you to any site. It is not surprising that this has been banned in my host file.

I can see from the length of this link why you wanted to shorten it as it has ‘distorted’ this thread, however there is no reason why long links could not be posted on two or three lines as they are very easy to reconstruct.

Thanks once again. I will now get back to reading my new book.

Ken
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources