Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Macro photography

Old 04-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Macro photography

An excellent website for learning about macrophotography. I just wish he used Nikon equipment so I could use his recommended hardware advice verbatim. I really like that Canon flash setup.

If I read it right, digital cameras have an inherent advantage over film cameras for macrophotography.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2006, 12:15 AM
I have only recently gotten a camera that can do macro. Its not a 'real' camera (LOL my own standards say real means not a compact), its a lower end compact digital, usual zoom, 5mp etc. But it can take a macro shot. Its so exciting! I really enjoy macro.

My first victims were cherry tomato plants!

Oh as for Nikon - are you a Nikon man too? My father is a dead-set Nikon user and has been for as long as I know (he's been a photographer for more than 40 years) and is úber excited that Nikon have agreed to trade in his film camera ($13k, 2nd hand a few years back, AU) for the next equivalent digital to be released here soon. It took him about 6 months of negotiating, but he managed to do it, so he's wrapped that he can stick with them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 AM
I've nothing against other brands, I just happen to have an investment in Nikon equipment. I also don't have your father's negotiating skills, that's pretty impressive. I can't even begin to think who I'd call to try something like that. And for 2nd-hand equipment? Wow!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Thank you for finding this site and sharing it. While bugs are not my thing, the techniques are. TY TY TY from the bottom of my heart. You've made my day.

BTW, I'm a Canon person.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources