RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Photoshop (one day) Seminar

Old 01-23-2002, 09:22 AM

Who can pay that much? You're right, Lobster dinner with champagne and caviar should be included with it. Makes me think I got a heck of a deal.

Hey, check out the tips forum under the Restoration, Retouching, and Manipulation forum. I posted a good sharpening tip and a 3 step tip to creating those studio backdrops you always see in professional portraits.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2002, 02:25 PM

I've found a photoshop seminar here in Sydney but alas it's $350. It looks great though but nowhere as extensive as the on you attended DJ. It only deals with photoshop 6 and doesn't seem to be much more I might just have to wait and maybe well get more one day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 06:04 PM

photoshop seminar

I was so glad to hear your review of the seminar in Ft. Lauderdale. I called about the Scott Kelby show early in the fall, and supposedly got on a mailing list..nothing has arrived to date. Unfortunately, work has gotten in the way of paying much attention. I have 2 of his books, both are very entertaining. I am glad to know the time is worth the money.

I have a wacom table...love it, love it, love it..

If you don't have one, you absolutely must get one - it makes some tasks incredibly easy when they would be messy with the mouse.

I'm new to this site - very impressed that it is even here. Hope to get to know you all over time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 06:12 PM

I just got a card in the mail for an Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour led by Jack Davis who wrote the Photoshop Wow series. It's the same price as yours DJ. It's for Austin on Mar 22, Chicago on April 20 and Dallas (actually Arlington) on May 17.

If anyone is interested the website is www.photoshopseminars.com

Just turned the card over - It's called the Wow tour.

I'll try to catch the one in May. That's about 20 minutes from me.

Sharon
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 06:36 PM
Janitor

Could someone please add these to our calendar?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 07:15 PM

I would be glad to....

Where is the calendar?

Sharon
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 07:23 PM

I found it and am posting them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 07:29 PM

Sharon
Calendar is accessable by clicking on the little black button in that row of buttons at the top of the forum pages. The rest should be pretty easy from there on. Also there is an Events forum that you could start a thread telling of these dates coming up also.

I don't know how Jack Davis's class is but I can imagine it's just as fun as Scott's. If nothing else you connect with lots of Photoshop usuers and there is alot packed into that class.

CCdesktop
Welcome to the site and glad you found us. Look forward to hearing more from you too. Yes I do have the Intous tablet from Wacom and love it immensley. I'm glad you liked my review. I know if you have a chance to go to one you will have alot of fun. He really makes you laugh while you are learning and everyone has a good time. The day seems to zip by so fast. I guess that's the only draw back.

Sanda
Sorry about the big price tag you and Chris seem to have for the same thing. That's really an expensive one. I know Kelby was talking about expanding the seminars globaly but that will be a future venture as popularity of these and the 3 day seminars increase.

DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2002, 01:26 PM

I attended the one in Nashville.....WELL worth the cost. I will definately be going again and again. I like Kelby's style in teaching.....very entertaining and informative. I recommend this to any photoshop user.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources