RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Review: Katrin Eismann Restoration Video

Old 03-12-2002, 06:09 PM

I also have the Image restoration video. Very well done. Easy to follow. I have a 25" tv and video player next to the computer and with the remote can stop and start to easily follow along. Hope a dvd is in the future though. Tapes take up so much room and they wear out. Highly recommend the videos.

Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2002, 06:17 PM

While 7.0 is not touched on in the video I wound not let that keep me from getting the videos. What she covers is info that applies to basic PS and retouching. I still am refering to sets of 5.5 videos almost daily. Cant see much in 7.0 except the healing brush that these videos dont cover.

Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2002, 12:47 AM

Just had a chance today to view the video this evening. Its great well worth the $. Perhaps what came across more so in the video than the book is Katrin's overall strategy to image restoration. I describe it as - give yourself room to maneuver and start simple and kick it up a notch or two when required. I found several new techniques in the tape as well and they are clearly described. I highly recommend this tape.. Katrin is a great teacher.

Don
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2002, 09:57 AM

Wow, Don, sounds like you got alot out of that video. That's great. She is fast becoming our Photoshop photo restoration Guru. Can you tell me what the going price is?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2002, 10:21 AM
Janitor

If anyone is planning on buying this via Amazon anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd use this link.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2002, 11:32 AM

DJ, I got it for 59.95. Now I waiting for PS 7

Don
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2002, 01:49 PM

Thanks Don. Wish I could afford it but not at this time. Even though I think it's worth it, it's still a bit too much for me right now. Bummer.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2002, 03:26 PM

review of seminar

Saturday I went to the Napp Tour 3 Photoshop seminar. I have attended both 1 and 2. Thought I'd give my impressions on it.

As with 1&2 I learned more then enough to justify the $79 investment. However, this one seemed to stick very close to Scott Kelby's books. Thats not bad but as I have most of his books and quite a few of the tapes I had hoped for areas not covered.

As always he was great as an instructor and very easy to follow. Time just flew by. Handouts were good. I practiced with them last nite and found the easy to duplicate.

Overall I recommend it but think more can be learned from 1&2.

PS Maybe we could start a review section for seminars and trade show ect. Hope this isn't in the wrong area.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2002, 05:31 PM

Bob,
You should have started a whole new thread on the subject so it would be easier to find. I think it's worthy of a new thread for sure since alot of members go to these seminars, including me. I love them. You did a fantastic review. I'm glad you had a good time. I do know what you mean about it following Kelby's book but unlike you I only have 1 of his books so it wasn't so much of a repeat for me.
DJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources