Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Ask A Pro

Old 05-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Re: Ask A Pro

Cheers Rovis and Conrad,

I've now got a method that works well, using desat, selective colour and colour balance/curves + custom gradient map.

I now have all the techniques I need to retouch my own work, just need to practice ;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2008, 03:19 PM

I would love to see more information on working with hair, like removing cross hairs and especially filling in gaps in the hair.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 PM

welcome back
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 PM

I'm super excited to know that you'll be doing some tutorials.

As most of them mentioned, skin tones would be a great idea to start with, also another thing that would be great to cover is how to remove skin imperfections without losing the skin texture, specially when it comes to pictures with 'bad' skin.

And palms made a vey great point as well that will actualy help everyone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 AM

Hi Conrad,
I would like to learn how you retouch still life...
methods of combing and achieving a composition, creating gradients and shadows and backgrounds ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 PM

"Why did he use Hue/Sat instead of color balance?" For targeting a specific range of color...
Best regards,
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 AM

I'd be interested in a skin tone tutorial.

I'm a photog that gets bogged down sometimes with the amount of images that need to be processed.

The market/products I work could not afford a Pro retoucher so I have to do all the work myself.

At the same time the work I do is not for national campaigns (or even close to that) so some basic tutorial is all I would need.

I'd be interested in a simplified skin tone tutorial geared towards the photog that is trying to do some very minimal work (more like color and not really CMYK reference numbers).

I constantly read skin tutorials but I feel that there is a good opportunity for a excellent simplified tutorial to come out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2008, 05:20 PM
DVD Production

Hi there

My name is Calvin and i already did 3 DVDs about Retouching and Manipulation in Germany.

Its a hard work to get 5 Hours or more. I needed 10 Days production for 6 hours of Videotutorials.

But you can also do a 2 hours DVD.

Bring something where cant find on every DVD.... bring some Personality inside the DVD

If you will do that.... i am the first one who will buy it*g*

lg Calvin
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

This is for conrad and chris alike. Some trivia and some more serious too:

Q1: Could we see 1 or 2 Images of your workspace?

Q2: Hdr, Im guessing you deal with them at least occasionally right? do you use any automated apps for the the startup or are they all done manually from start to finish. any quick thoughts on hdr, other than stay away from the Hyper Radioactive looks ?

q3: your quick view on displays, is it resolution over color accuracy? I mean if you can do colors greatly by the numbers seeing more of the image at once would be more valued than getting fooled into thinking you get the exact color from the display, or?

O4: besides a retoucher would you consider yourself a better illustrator or photographer?

Q5: Can you look at persons standing close to you without thinking about skin textures and highlights?

Q6; any tips for working with a wacom 8 hours a day? its not like you can just switch hands every hour or so.

About the Dvd(s) I would very much appreciate more of the idea and thoughts approach as opposed to the speed dials featured on youtube (not the same but still)
your thoughts about masking things that go out of of focus as well as coloring (maybe combined) would also be a killer feature on the dvd.

if you have any first hand experience retouching on location, some tips and trick could make for a great short bonus clip
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources