RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Fay Sirkis Wild About Animal DVD

Old 10-02-2011, 03:46 AM

Unhappy Fay Sirkis Wild About Animal DVD

Hello Everyone,

I am learning digital animal painting and would like to purchase Fay Sirkis's Wild About Animal DVD unfortunately I cannot buy them in UK I've tried Kelby Training but the cost of shipping is almost the same price as the DVD itself.

If anyone in UK bought Fay Sirkis DVD I would like to hear from them please??

Thanks in advance

Helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 AM

Re: Fay Sirkis Wild About Animal DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am learning digital animal painting and would like to purchase Fay Sirkis's Wild About Animal DVD unfortunately I cannot buy them in UK I've tried Kelby Training but the cost of shipping is almost the same price as the DVD itself.

If anyone in UK bought Fay Sirkis DVD I would like to hear from them please??

Thanks in advance

Helen

Don't look like anyone from UK bought Fay's Animal DVD or I should rephrase my message If anyone bought Fay's DVD in the UK I would like to know what shop they've bought it from please.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM

Re: Fay Sirkis Wild About Animal DVD

I purchased (I believe) the first DVD Fay put out a few years ago via Kelby offerings. Overall I wasn't that impressed... I've always felt the Jeremy Sutton offerings were quite good.

A few years ago Jeremy was putting out books (that came with CDs full of brushes, textures, etc.) that I found quite helpful in learning Painter. That was before "expensive DVD" and 'download videos' became fashionable. If memory serves there was an edition for Painter 8, 9 and 10. Content similar in each; just new info for additional features/brushes that came with each upgrade.

Though not "animal" specific, seems like the techniques he describes how to do would apply regardless of subject matter. Given books are not as popular now as a few years ago, I'll bet you could save a lot of money (vs. DVDs) and should have no problem finding them second hand on UK book sites.

Anyway, something to think about...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 AM

Thumbs up Re: Fay Sirkis Wild About Animal DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael View Post
I purchased (I believe) the first DVD Fay put out a few years ago via Kelby offerings. Overall I wasn't that impressed... I've always felt the Jeremy Sutton offerings were quite good.

A few years ago Jeremy was putting out books (that came with CDs full of brushes, textures, etc.) that I found quite helpful in learning Painter. That was before "expensive DVD" and 'download videos' became fashionable. If memory serves there was an edition for Painter 8, 9 and 10. Content similar in each; just new info for additional features/brushes that came with each upgrade.

Though not "animal" specific, seems like the techniques he describes how to do would apply regardless of subject matter. Given books are not as popular now as a few years ago, I'll bet you could save a lot of money (vs. DVDs) and should have no problem finding them second hand on UK book sites.

Anyway, something to think about...
Thanks Danny I have got Fay's dvd paint like a master it is a friend who live in US bought it and send it to me in UK I wasn't that impressed either the tutorial I feel is not for newbie. I am also dumbfounded about the price Faye charge for her paintings.

I have got Jeremy Sutton dvd about mastering painter brushes I need to find it I shall watch now that I am a bit familiar with painter.

The good thing about UK is that you can sell anything you buy be it dvds, books, so I was hoping someone has Fay dvd's that I can buy second hand from them but unfortunately I cannot find anyone that has the dvds.

I shall browse around on the net and see what I can find.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources