Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Review: How to Cheat in Photoshop

Old 09-23-2003, 09:15 PM
New adition to your I just bought another Photoshop book that Im going though now and was going to buy your book next around November but will wait till the new version comes out. Cant wait the first one looks very interesting from what I saw of the sample pages.

Heres a question for you. Is what I do

here a montage or a collage?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2003, 01:36 AM
Wow! Nice work! As a matter of fact, I've included a spread on colouring black and white images in the next edition of the book, and it's great to see you using the techniques so effectively. Are you sure you're charging enough? The restoration and collage images look like a hell of a lot of work to me.

...which brings me to your question. Well, I'd call them collages rather than montages, but I don't really know why. It isn't a distinction I've thought of before.

Hope you enjoy the book, whenever you get around to it.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2003, 02:35 AM
I have you book Steve and its well thumbed!!

Noko I like your site, the muted graphics take a back seat to the core photographic images making them stand out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Thank you caplin and chris. I was thinking about charging more for the montages but I donít want people to say "thatís too much to spend" and not order them. As I do more of these Iím getting better and faster. Hopefully I will be able to get these out in under 3 hours from start to finish.

Oh ya I did some more research on montage and collage today. I think Iím going to stick with montage. I believe a collage is more a collection of different materials brought together and glued on a surface. The definition of a montage is as follows ďA single pictorial composition made by juxtaposing or superimposing many pictures or designs."

Again will be looking for your new book. One can never have enough techniques for working in Photoshop.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources