RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Need site with Windows PS movies

Old 12-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Janitor

Need site with Windows PS movies

Several people have shared sites with Photoshop tutorials, but they all seem to be done on a Mac. I've nothing against that, but I need to see some PS tutorials (preferably PS7) done in Windows.

Anyone have any links like this?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2002, 11:22 PM

I don't know of any sites off hand, but I do have some quicktime tutorials on my hard drive done in windows (but it's PS 6). if that's what you were looking for, I could email a couple to you (just PM me)

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2002, 03:44 AM

Doug, there is my links page which has some links to tutorial videos - but most are Mac and v5/6 with lesser v7 content. You might get lucky but as you say there is a certain Mac 'bias' in this respect for the obvious historical/traditional reasons.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...V_links.html#V

The great thing is that Photoshop is fairly similar between the platforms so I guess this is an 'aesthetic' thing <g>.

Apple has a creative section of their website to market to one of their large customer bases...perhaps MS needs to setup a similar section and sponsor Photoshop tutorials performed via XP using .wmp format to combat all those Apple OS X .mov Photoshop tutorials out there.

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Janitor

There is no real difference between PS for either platform. And, since Windows users are used to Mac tutorials, I guess inertia has kept it going.

I don't need to learn from a Windows movie, I want to study the movies themselves, see how they were made, which resolution, what kind of capture quality, etc.

And David, if you got those files off a publicly available website, and they're done in Windows, I'd love to see them. Otherwise, I'll have to decline.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 12-14-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2002, 10:05 PM

Oops sorry, not thinking again yes of course they must be copyrighted, since I got them off of a magazine CD. however, I did find the site of the company that made them, and they have some demo videos online (the PS 6 ones are the only ones that I looked at that are done in windows, the PS 7 ones are Mac) here's the link:
http://www.vtc.com/productdetail.lasso?sku=33324

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Janitor

Thanks. That's an excellent example of what I was looking for.

Does anyone else have any?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2002, 08:43 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Doug,

I have quite a few on my hard drive too. They all came from sites that are available to everyone. But with a dial-up account, it would take a loooong time to send them all to you. Check out Russell Brown's site . There are quite a few movies there. If you need something else, let me know. I don't remember exactly where they all came from, but I might have some that aren't on his site. Maybe after you get it all figured out, you could write a tutorial on making them.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Janitor

I'm sure all of Russell Brown's would be on a Mac. If you do have any that are in Windows, let me know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2002, 11:48 AM

Doug what exactly are you after making the tutorials to be shown on - is it the web or vcd, etc?

If it is the web I will follow this thread closely as I am interested in how you would do that.... If it is for a vcd svcd/dvd then you might be interested in the following programs

Virtual Dub - for sound
Tempeg - for video

these are encoding programs you will still need to make your tutorials in another program such as Premiere as a .avi then encode them using the above programs.

Am barking up the wrong tree? I am not to sure whether you want to make tutorials or encode them?

I have a fair idea on the resolution needed for the vcds but if its for the web then I think it depends on all sorts of things!

Clare
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2002, 12:49 PM
Janitor

I am investigating making tutorials for web delivery. I have a lot of the technical hurdles covered. Now most of my questions are about pragmatic useability (ie: rez, framerate, etc.). There are a couple of niggling tech issues, as well.

I'm hoping viewing some existing examples that are branded "good" will help me over the final couple of bumps.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources