RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Katrin Eismann's Photoshop Restoration and Retouching

Old 04-11-2003, 04:49 PM

Katrin Eismann's "Photoshop Restoration and Retouching"

"Photoshop Restoration & Retouching"
QUE Books
ISBN#: 0789723182
http://www.digitalretouch.org/

I recently got Katrin Eismann's book and have to say it is very impressive. It answers most if not all of my toughest problems with photo retouching and restoration. Powerful...

It's a $45 list price but I got mine for around $25 (incl. shipping) from half.com... here is a link to the half.com search page for the book -- hopefully you will find something interesting:
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...1856&meta_id=1

Enjoy!
Scott

ps -- I'll try to add a more detailed critique as I dig into it more...

Last edited by sdubose99; 04-12-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2003, 01:40 AM

Though Katrin's book has been touted many times and many places on this and other sites I visit, I never mind seeing it mentioned again. I learned more about Photoshop capabilities and various retouching skills / techniques from that book than any I've ever read. It is truly outstanding and I recommend it frequently.

She's done a couple videos based on it, too, that are worth their weights in gold. Nothing like "seeing" someone in action with PS who knows how to use it like she does. I got my copies via eBay auctions where, like half.com, one can save a ton of $ over retail.

Trivia tidbit: The owner / creator / guts / brains and webmaster of this site (Doug Nelson) is Katrin's co-author in the recently published PS7 version of this fine book. That says a lot for her respect of his abilities and knowledge. All who particiate at RetouchPro are priviledged to surf in his wake.

Come to think of it your post has inspired me. I'm leaving for a plane trip tomorrow and I'm going to pack it in my carry-on as reading material. I'm certain by rereading it again I'll pick up a few tidbits that have gone unnoticed in the past. There's always something new to learn in PS.

Hope you enjoy and learn as much from her book as I have.

~DannyR~
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2003, 11:42 PM

Thanks for the trivia tidbit Danny.

And congrats/good luck to Doug - I hope this book does as well as the first one!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2005, 08:01 PM

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubose99
"Photoshop Restoration & Retouching"
QUE Books
ISBN#: 0789723182
http://www.digitalretouch.org/

I recently got Katrin Eismann's book and have to say it is very impressive. It answers most if not all of my toughest problems with photo retouching and restoration. Powerful...

It's a $45 list price but I got mine for around $25 (incl. shipping) from half.com... here is a link to the half.com search page for the book -- hopefully you will find something interesting:
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...1856&meta_id=1

Enjoy!
Scott

ps -- I'll try to add a more detailed critique as I dig into it more...
Thanks for the link - I just ordered the book. I had been watching eBay for the past 2 weeks or so. Used copies went for more than I paid for a new one!

CJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources