RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

DVD version of Second Edition???

Old 11-03-2003, 10:18 PM

DVD version of Second Edition???

Are there plans for a DVD version of Photoshop Restoration & Retouching, Second Edition???
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Janitor

I haven't heard anything, but that doesn't mean much. You can contact Katrin at katrin@digitalretouch.org
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2004, 07:16 PM

Talking Katrin Eismann on DVD

Katrin Eismann's Photoshop Restoration and Retouching is available on DVD. I just received my copy today from Amazon.com and I love it! The dvd appears to be based on version 6, but also appears to have new material covering the healing brush, patch tool and file browser available in version 7 of PS. I am a visual person, so watching the video has helped tremendously with understanding the process outlined in her books! This expenditure has been the best spent money of all the purchases I have made to date on PS books (ask the hubby - I have spent quite a bit!)
Debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson
I haven't heard anything, but that doesn't mean much. You can contact Katrin at katrin@digitalretouch.org
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2004, 10:11 PM

Hi Debby. Is there a date on the DVD? Did you buy all three, or just one of them?

BTW, I emailed Katrin right after Doug suggested this. No response.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Janitor

If you got no response from Katrin, something's wrong. She usually answers all of her email, although she keeps a very busy schedule and usually only answers email on Fridays.

She's probably off in Russia or Katmandu teaching a seminar or something, so just resend your email with a polite apology for sending twice (in case she really did get the first one, but was simply waiting to reply).

You can also contact her DVD publishers at http://www.desktopimages.com (they also have 2 minute clips of all her videos and DVDs you can watch online for free)

Debby's version was from the 1st edition, essentially. It's the same as the videotape, with some new scenes spliced in.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 01-28-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2004, 06:46 PM

I just ordered the one title on DVD. The date on the back cover says 2002 by Desktop Images. I have an interest in restoration at this time as my dad just sent me a few pictures of his grandmother and other photos of that vintage, so purchasing the other titles were not a priority at this time. I may order the others in the series, but because I did not see much in the way of content nor any customer reviews on Amazon for the other titles, I decided to wait a while. I am actually thinking there may be newer titles coming down the pike in the near future now that CS is here. Probably wishful thinking, but I hope Katrin thinks seriously about creating new videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B.
Hi Debby. Is there a date on the DVD? Did you buy all three, or just one of them?

BTW, I emailed Katrin right after Doug suggested this. No response.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Janitor

I wrote reviews on all of them (well, the VHS versions), I think I moved them all over to our new reviews section.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2004, 07:41 PM

Katrin Eismann materials

Thanks Doug,
Just read your reviews on Katrin Eismann's VHS & DVDs materials and find I will have to dig deeper into my pockets (or go without eating for a while) to pay for a couple of more necessary additions to my collection... Like you said, wish they were all available on DVDs. Thanks for pointing me in that direction and the reviews. Debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson
I wrote reviews on all of them (well, the VHS versions), I think I moved them all over to our new reviews section.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Janitor

I'm sure you do, but just in case you don't know I should mention that since my reviews they've all been made available on DVD except Creative Compositing. She has two other videos out, but I didn't review them because they're too dated.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources