Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-RetouchPRO Resources Books, courses, other websites. Discussion of anything to do with learning outside of RP.

Adobe Certified Expert Exam

Old 06-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Adobe Certified Expert Exam

Hi all!

I'm interested in taking the ACE exam and am hoping to get your comments about it in regards to difficulty, applicability to "real world" usage and other general comments about the test. I image you signed some sort of non-disclosure so I'm not looking for specific questions just your impressions. For those that have passed the ACI exam and video submission I'm interested in hearing about those experiences as well.

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 07:08 PM
I have not taken the exam, but there are facsimiles available on the web. It is surprisingly hard, but doable (especially since there is no limit on re-examinations as long as you're willing to re-pay).

As for the value of said exam, it would probably be very worthwhile for someone's goals checklist in the corporate world, proof that you deserve a promotion perhaps. Or perhaps as a resume line-item to gain entry to that same corporate world. But as far as getting actual work (as opposed to a job), IMHO it's valueless.

However, they have a certified teaching exam that I believe is of great value (assuming you want to teach).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2004, 07:56 AM

Thanks Doug!

I know what you mean with the certification and it's value, I agree. However, I'm already teaching and need to get some credentials to back up my real world experience. I breezed through the sample questions of the ACE fine but was curious as to how accurate that was to the actual exam.

The ACI is altogether a different story. The sample questions for the CompTIA CTT+ exam baffled me. Even though I've taught for several years now and have had very flattering comments from my students about my knowledge and teaching style, those sample questions made no sense to me. Guess I'll just need to bite the bullet and find a seminar or some class to prep me for that.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe someone else can shed even more light on the subject?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Non-RetouchPRO Resources