RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art 101 This forum is a place for those new to photo-based art to ask questions and post their creations. Seasoned veterans are welcome to offer advice or assistance, but we ask that images posted be from members with less than 6-months experience.

Two for Tequila""

Old 04-09-2005, 07:15 PM

Question Two for Tequila""

This is my third post, but, I think that my very first all digital(no film/darkroom) effort at photo-art might be a worhty candidate for critisism herein. I had just purchased my first digital camera, went into my back yard , shot this scene went inside to use photoshop v5 on it, I think it was v5. I found out about over saturating the color and then I found a wonderful tool/filter named "Liquify"......

I am loading both of the images, the before and after for your perusal andcomment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2fortea4-2.jpg (33.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 2-4tequila.jpg (39.3 KB, 55 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholmes1936
This is my third post, but, I think that my very first all digital(no film/darkroom) effort at photo-art might be a worhty candidate for critisism herein. I had just purchased my first digital camera, went into my back yard , shot this scene went inside to use photoshop v5 on it, I think it was v5. I found out about over saturating the color and then I found a wonderful tool/filter named "Liquify"......

I am loading both of the images, the before and after for your perusal and comment.
Congrats on the "big leap" -- total digital rendition.

Isn't boosting Saturation way off the map fun!

About the only thing I might add photo-wise for artistic effect would be a 3/4 empty bottle of your favorite tequila (I favor Cuervo, myself), a couple shot glasses (one tipped over?) and perhaps a lime or two.

If you have a PC, send me an e-mail via my profile and I'll get you setup with a real fun plugin toy.

Also: Verify which version of Photoshop you're running (watch the screen as it comes up or check Help > About).

Keep on playing and experimenting. It will get nothing but better and more fun from now on!

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 07:07 PM

Thumbs down "Two for Tequila"

Danny, Thanx for the tip(s). I am going to try them out soon. Unfortunetly for me i am using a Mac for all my 'puter muzings. Photoshop CS, soon going to CS2. I have downloaded so many things due to becoming involved with this web site that I haven't had time to try 1/8th of them.

I have been using Photoshop for a long time, but only to tweak photographs for work at the Museum before I retired to my own devices (pun intended). It is only in the last 3 years that I have started loosening up and coloring outside the lines as it were.

What a great seervice this site is.

thank you,
George Holmes
Austin, Texas
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2005, 04:16 PM

It looks good, I like the colors
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2005, 05:18 PM

Welcome to RP George, I hope we'll see more of you
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101