RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art 101 This forum is a place for those new to photo-based art to ask questions and post their creations. Seasoned veterans are welcome to offer advice or assistance, but we ask that images posted be from members with less than 6-months experience.

2nd try

Old 04-24-2005, 09:36 AM

2nd try

Here is my second try at changing my photos to digital art. Again it is a result of digesting a lot of information and a lot of experimentation on my part. There are some very generous people here and I appreciate being able to read and absorb their knowledge.. Again I would like to know what you think of the finished product......good or bad........Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0024a copy (Small).jpg (41.4 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LjJr
Here is my second try at changing my photos to digital art. Again it is a result of digesting a lot of information and a lot of experimentation on my part. There are some very generous people here and I appreciate being able to read and absorb their knowledge.. Again I would like to know what you think of the finished product......good or bad........Thanks
I'd like it better if the flower was a little less centered and the edges were not so dark. There seem to be a lot of (what appear to be) random black lines/specs in the petals, which is a little distracting. I might boost the color saturation a bit, too.

Part of assessing this type of artwork is a function of your display intentions: on your monitor only? Print, frame and hang? If so, at what size?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-04-2005, 08:06 PM

second try

Quote:
Originally Posted by LjJr

I think it is stunningly simple to look at, but realize that a lot of study and work went into it. Nice job. How did you accomplish it, in a nut shell.

George of Texas
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-04-2005, 08:35 PM

Have been taking photos for a long time and wanted to take them to another level....... can't paint or draw so when I switched from film to digital and found Photoshop decided to see what I could do with the computer.... I can't tell you exactly what I did to these first ones... so many parts of the tutorials that I have read in this forum went into them....... it has been a wonderful past couple of months seeing what everyone has done and trying to figure out and duplicate the effects that you'll have posted. In the future I will try to document the steps I use. I don't really know what I like the best, watercolor, pen and ink, I just look at the photo and try things until I am satisfied with the result... The computer and I don't get along to well at times and I struggle with it but with time I think we can come to an understanding.. As to what I will do with my creations..... have thought of doing notecards and printing some at a larger size to see if anyone would like to hang them in their homes, but that is in the future, right now I am trying to discover a style that I can live with and to learn all that I can.... Thanks to you very generous folks out there that share you skills and are willing to help us newbies get going.......
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101