Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art 101 This forum is a place for those new to photo-based art to ask questions and post their creations. Seasoned veterans are welcome to offer advice or assistance, but we ask that images posted be from members with less than 6-months experience.

newbee is overwhelmed by choices

Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Re: newbee is overwhelmed by choices

Originally Posted by chauncey
I've done more surfing and the "paint with light" techniques ascribed here and dpreview really appeal to me. I assume it would be done first in the editing and then worked on in the paint pgm. Does Corel PSP handle it as well as Photoshop? I have decided to go with Gertrudis Pro.

I appreciate the help you've given this right brained aged person.
Let me add my welcome, too, Chauncey. Great thread you started. On hehalf of other newbies, thanks for getting the ball rolling and asking additional questions. Glad to see you've received some very good advice so far from Steve and Craig, two of RetouchPROs finest.

The "PWL" method can be applied with programs that support layers and layer blend modes, which include Elements, Photoshop and PSP. PWL is not a painting technique in the sense that it transforms an image like Gertrudis; it is used to enhance colors and can be applied to any image for that purpose. When you're ready to get into the "how to" of PWL, start another thread on that topic and we'll chew on that one, too.

A free plugin to look into is "Impressionist," which can also be used with just about any PC-based image editing program like those mentioned above. It can be used to render some pretty nifty arty effects. If you're interested, click my name above and shoot me an e-mail (not PM). I'll be glad to send you info, including a "getting started" tutorial I wrote.

Again, welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your new found hobby and your time here at RP.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Re: newbee is overwhelmed by choices

Many thanks to you guys!!

My computer still isn't fixed and my son needs his back, so I'll get back later after mine is repaired and I've downloaded trials and played with them.

Again thanks a lot!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101