RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art 101 This forum is a place for those new to photo-based art to ask questions and post their creations. Seasoned veterans are welcome to offer advice or assistance, but we ask that images posted be from members with less than 6-months experience.

Suggestions

Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 AM

Re: Suggestions

hi gemgem and welcome to RP.

without reading everyone else's posts here, the first thing i see is an out of focus focal point, the woman. photo art is dependent on the original photo, obviously, so, if the original is messed up in any way, then the resulting art is going to be that much more difficult to achieve.

now, i'm still working on this image, but you actually want to retouch or restore or both to an image before attempting any photo art. clean things up, dress them up and sometimes you'll find that art results just from that.

so, to start, i double this image size. it's too small like it was. i then hand focused the face, arms, belly and hands. i dont like to do this as hand focusing creates a LOT of artifacts. so, the next step is cleaning up the artifacts. for that i use clone, airbrush and push (smudge). i also added a little more color to her belly.

and that's as far as i've gotten tonight. i'll work on it some more later.

it's basically a good image. there's definitely something there to work with. i think it's going to need a crop somewhere down the road and the background is a bit busy and detracts from the main focus. you might want to blur the background a bit. i'll also add that one could completely remove the woman and put a new background in with her on top. i'm reminded of that famous picture of a woman and child in the water... renoir, wasnt it?

at any rate, have fun and again, welcome
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 AM

ok, i've got a couple results i like on this, so far. i'll probably do more. i like the base image. it inspires.

i did as i said in my first post here, added focus to the woman and cleaned things up a bit. i then blurred the background and that lead to removing the fence/gate and cloning in some background. and, for whatever reason, i kept seeing her standing in water, so i used a filter forge filter to add my pooled water and then hand painted in the reflections with airbrush, and a bit with clone. i then cropped the overall. et voila'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Treman_1-2-k-1h-rp.jpg (187.3 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 AM

Hi Kraellin!!

Thank you for your ideas! I am doing a photo session next weekend and I am going to take your idea! I am going to try and have my pregnant beauty play in the water with her little belly. Thank you!!!
GG
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101