RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art 101 This forum is a place for those new to photo-based art to ask questions and post their creations. Seasoned veterans are welcome to offer advice or assistance, but we ask that images posted be from members with less than 6-months experience.

"The book of Eli" look

Old 05-30-2010, 08:10 PM

"The book of Eli" look

Hi everybody, I´m Pannna a pro photographer from Argentina, south America. This is my first post, so moderators fell free to move where it belongs if this is not the right place.
Recently I´ve watched the movie "The book of Eli" and I would like to know how to achieve that look in a photograph using Photoshop, any tutorial, link, help or advice is welcome. Thank you all!

Pannna.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2010, 10:56 AM

Re: "The book of Eli" look

You might check out this URL:
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/hdr...st-grunge.html

Then search for "Grunge" here and on the web.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

If you have Adobe Lightroom take a look at this URL also:

http://www.stevecollinsphoto.com/200...grunge-heaven/
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannna View Post
Hi everybody, I´m Pannna a pro photographer from Argentina, south America. This is my first post, so moderators fell free to move where it belongs if this is not the right place.
Recently I´ve watched the movie "The book of Eli" and I would like to know how to achieve that look in a photograph using Photoshop, any tutorial, link, help or advice is welcome. Thank you all!

Pannna.
Hi Panna

I think the Eli-Look has nothing to do with HDR or Grunge. First of all most of the look comes from the locations an landscapes. The special look you want comes from desaturated images with strong contrast und dramatic, multiplied sky. If you want i can send you a psd-file where you can see how if quickly done the image attached.

Regards Chriscrfbillmann@gmx.de
Attached Images
File Type: gif Eli-Look.gif (68.6 KB, 158 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Thank you for all your responses, I agree with crfbillmann, desturated images with high contrast and washed skyes. I´ve been practicing with some images and techniques and came up with some acceptable results. I´m posting an example here, is a Jpeg because the psd is about 55 mb and will take days to upload...The book of Eli look.jpg

crfbillmann, if you can send a PSD that would be great, you can send the file to mgarciafoto@gmail.com, and I can also send you a PSD version of my picture if you like. Thanks!
Regards.
Pannna
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 AM

Chris, you are right on the money. BTW, have you checked out Andrzej Dragan's work? He uses some of these techniques to produce "beyond-warts-and-all" portraits, accentuating every pore and blemish. Only go to him for portraits of yourself if you are feeling very secure!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:11 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering how to achieve the same effect and @crfbillmann it would be of great help if you could send me the psd file of it also or explain to me how,(whichever is easiest for you)i'm still such a beginner

heres my email wilx1551@yahoo.com

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101