Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art 101 This forum is a place for those new to photo-based art to ask questions and post their creations. Seasoned veterans are welcome to offer advice or assistance, but we ask that images posted be from members with less than 6-months experience.

I can't decide

Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 AM
I can't decide

I can't decide whether the standard of my photo art is worthy of a gallery, am I classed an an artist or am I cheating? I love working with images and spend hours and hours creating and tweeking photos turning them into works of art, but still I am confused as to where I stand in the art world. I have received countless responses from galleries, saying that they will keep my details on file, but that my work isn't currently suitable etc.
I would love some good, honest feedback - - 'art prints'.
Thank you
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Re: I can't decide

All artists suffer self doubt.

I think your work is 'good enough' but what you lack is a cohesive body of work. What I saw immediately what that there was a confusing jumble of styles and techniques.

If I were you I'd look at your finished work and choose 12-20 that have a common style -- like your pieces with a white background that looks like illustrations. Then approach galleries with a small manageable portfolio that reflects just only one style.

Good luck!

HTH - Nancy
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art 101