RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #07: The Birthday Present

Old 07-28-2002, 09:07 PM

Hi DD,
great entries, I particularly like the sketch, it's wonderful. The "mr Spock" one is very good too, Love the ears. :-)Sorry I didn't comment earlier but I've been in awe of all the great entries in this challenge.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2002, 09:39 PM

This has turned into quite a thread. I really like gland's astronaught. coooooooooooool.
greg
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2002, 09:44 PM

dd50stripes alien looks a little like Larry Bird.
Very effective.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2002, 09:45 PM

Gland, I love what you did with birthday boy I have to say it looks legitimate, really great work!! And they say photos don't lie

Wanda
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2002, 09:54 PM

Sanda, you did a fantastic job. Excellent manipulation, looks real to me I bet he's going to love it

Wanda
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2002, 02:44 AM

Quote:
wow there are so many great entries in this mini challenge. Every time a new one gets posted I sit here in awe of the talent in this forum. You're all so good. well done everyone. - Sanda.
A great BIG ditto to that one. Simply amazing!

Phyllis:
"South of the border" is very, very inspired. The colors of the serape (sp?) really set it off. Birthday Guy's made more than a couple trips to Mexico and I know Mexican food is among his favorites. Chips, salsa and margaritas , anyone? Ole!

DD:
Welcome to RetouchPRO! It's an honor to have your first two entries posted not only in this forum, but in this thread! You're not only talented (#1 is especially nice), I can see you've got a sense of humor, too. #2 is just a riot. Birthday Guy is still a Star Trek fan and I know he'll get a real yuck out of the ears!

Wanda:
The earthtones and outdoorsy background make an inspired combination. It's always a pleasure to see your inspiring efforts!

Woody:
The stained glass effect is among my favorites. I'm sure Birthday Boy will prefer this interpretation over one in which he's depicted, say, behind bars! Glad to see you've caught a full dose of FUN SPIRIT!

Angue:
Welcome to RP, too! This is a awesome version among the pop-art themed entries. "Where's the black light?" Andy Worhol would be pleased, as I'm sure BB will be, too. Again, welcome, and thanks for jumping right in the pool with the rest of the crazies, here!

Tom:
A double dose of seriously cool. I especially like #3... kind of an inverted salt-and-peppery effect.

Gary:
Whoa! "One giant LEAP for this thread!" Hope it's just a temp. glitch. This effort is EXCEPTIONAL!

Note: Though I was able to resolve the link to your site earlier, I'm not able to at the moment.

----------------
I repeat the essence of the intro quote again: Wow!

Just terrific gang...and still several days to go until I'll be piecing these together.

Can it get any more creative than this?
=========
IMPORTANT!

I'm going to be off-line until Sunday, 8/3, so don't think you're being ignored in the mean time. Catching a little R&R time with the family. Keep having fun until then...

Eya next week.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2002, 05:51 AM

This IS a great mini challenge. I'd like to thank everyone for their kind comments.

If I had to vote for just one it would be Sandra's Biker birthdayboy. That one is just awesome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2002, 06:15 AM

Smile To All

I just wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcome.

Sanda: no problem not commenting .... I just wasn't sure it was showing up. I know there are so many great entries it's hard to keep track. LOL!! I wasn't thinking of Spock when I did the 'alien' entry ... just a far-out make-up effect.

Fugitive: thanks for the comments. Larry Bird? Hmm?? That's a famous basketball player .. right? LOL!! Shows how much I keep up on sports!!

Danny: Thank you so much for the welcome! It's funny, cause I wasn't really thinking of Star Trek or Spock at all when I was creating the 2'nd entry ...... just an alien effect. But hey, he's a fan .... and that's cool ..... a coincidence! VERY nice forum here ..... keep up the good work.

To All: So many wonderful entries and effects! I like them all for different reasons ....... I'm so glad to have found this place!

Hugs,
dd
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2002, 09:22 AM

Entry #2. Feel like 20 bucks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bboy20.jpg (96.4 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2002, 02:25 PM

Funhouse Mirror

Looking into a funhouse mirror!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birthday_man_mirror.jpg (46.0 KB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges