RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #10 - Anything Goes

Old 08-08-2002, 01:34 AM

very nice Woody. I love the way you used the leaves as wings.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2002, 02:56 PM

Don't Cry For the Horses

"Don't Cry For the Horses" is a poem about what happens to horses when they die--they go to heaven and become the clouds in the sky according to the poet. One line of the poem (hard to read in this small picture) says "on silver wings they fly, a million white horses against a blue sky."

Well, my daughter has a white horse, and I had a photo of him running across a field, so I made that into a background for this poem, which I print, frame and sell to a dude ranch gift shop, along with a variety of other horsey products.

Here is a reduced version of it (actual 8 x 10). If you can't read the poem, search by title on web. It's really a wonderful poem for anyone who has or has had a horse. I also make these for dogs and cats, with appropriate backgrounds and poems/prayers. They sell well, because everyone who has a pet is affected emotionally by the words and images. And that, after all, is what "art" is all about--evoking a feeling, right?

Phyllis
www.innographx.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horsepoempstewart.jpg (76.0 KB, 61 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2002, 03:43 PM

ATG #2

Here's anthor creation of mine from my PS class. I shot the pix using my Canon G1, then put them together with layers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg git_two copy_sm.jpg (72.3 KB, 65 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2002, 07:27 PM

Endless Guitars?

A very clever idea, to have an item against a close-up of itself! I wonder though if it could be improved by removing the shadow from the blow up to disguise the fact that the light is coming from two directions (from bottom on blow-up and left on guitar). While I like the color and composition a lot, the difference in lighting says "something's wrong here," as also does the angle of the guitar. Would a shadow under the guitar have countered that "it's flat but it CAN'T BE flat!" look? Or maybe rotating the guitar 180 deg might help?

Or is this picture intended to be one of those mind boggling creations like Escher's "Ascending and Descending" drawing of the impossible staircase?

In either case, it got my attention and made me look at it again and again. So I guess that, as a piece of art, it has succeeded in its purpose!

Phyllis
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2002, 09:13 AM

Endless Guitar?

Thanks Phyllis. This piece was done in haste for my PS class. I had done something else but it turned out bad and my teacher offered a suggestion about guitars and their beautiful wood. I did 3 different ones but the teacher liked (and kept a copy of) this one. I feel the same things about it as you but who can argue with the teacher?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2002, 11:40 AM

Mona Lisa

In the Sept. 2002 issue of Popular Photography, page 56, there is an article on how to put another face on Mona Lisa.
Here's mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mona_julie.jpg (57.0 KB, 38 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2002, 03:36 PM

and this is my Mona Lisa ripoff. It was colorized from a B&W, and put on the BG of the classic. It is about 2 yrs old.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2002, 03:45 PM

Part II, where you really get the Picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maril_mona.100k.jpg (96.3 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2002, 04:40 PM

Mona Rip

Greg, that woman looks vaguely familiar
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2002, 01:00 PM

This picture won 2nd Place - October's Best of Category in the Digital Art category at www.digitalphotocontest.com.

In all, this was about three hours of work, compositing parts from six different images and ending up with about twice that many layers. The hands were simply my left hand flip-flopped; the water was a composite of the ocean wave in the original image, a couple of shots of streams, and a couple of shots of water dripping out of my shower faucet.

And then it took me two weeks to come up with the catchy title .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg catching-a-wave-(reduced).jpg (99.7 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by VisualEyes; 11-08-2002 at 12:15 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges