RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #28 – OhThatGirl II

Old 12-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Patron

For the ASCII, ...

...I just used the original photo; the Potrace version was completely different. ASCIIGen has a lot of controls for controlling and enhanceing the effect for ASCII conversion, but I just used the defaults. Again, I used Code to display the text. RetouchPro Code format is controlled outside the browser, so you have no way of changing the size. Thats the drawback, but the advantage is the display of fixed font. I guess you could copy the text and paste it in Notepad and change the font to a smaller one to see it better.

I also just realized that I did not post on this forum a link to ASCIIGen. Here's the link. I'm actually using an older version that does not require .NET, but I see that he's now requiring it. A bummer for sure.

And, for Craig, if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can view a 200 character wide resolution of a cropped version of That Girl here.

Last edited by lkroll; 12-24-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2005, 03:23 PM

A little psychedelic?

used PSP9's sculpture filter with Neon Motion on the background, as well as Bubbles and Balls in an appropriate color -- the foreground is a combination of soft focus, find all edges, more soft focus, colorization and adjusting brightness and contrast.

jma

p.s. Hope it looks ok ... I understand why, but that 100k limit means a lot of "optimizing"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lisa1.jpg (97.3 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2005, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacleve
used PSP9's sculpture filter with Neon Motion on the background, as well as Bubbles and Balls in an appropriate color -- the foreground is a combination of soft focus, find all edges, more soft focus, colorization and adjusting brightness and contrast.

jma

p.s. Hope it looks ok ... I understand why, but that 100k limit means a lot of "optimizing"
Sorry about the 100k thing and am glad you understand the rea$on$ for the limit. Fortunately with "photo-art" its more tolerable than if one was showcasing high end traditional photographs.

In addition to uploading their creations here at RP, some members upload "full size/hi-res" versions to personal galleries, e.g., www.pBase.com, and paste a link in the message text. No problem doing this as long as the post includes the image, too. That way if the link breaks some day -- and they all do eventually -- the RP attachment will survive.

Anyway, I like your creative instincts on this one. Very "out there" (in a good way).

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2005, 03:58 PM

Quote:
And, for Craig, if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can view a 200 character wide resolution of a cropped version of That Girl here.
thanks, lk yup, that's what i was talking about.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2006, 08:20 PM

This thread was recently revived by lkroll. Nice rendition with your ascii.

I add mine done in Painter 9, cropped to suit and did a high key sketch like effect !

Chance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ohthatgirlwebo.jpg (96.7 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2007, 06:44 PM

Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #28 – OhThatGirl II

I am quite happy with the way this one has turned out, and if the lady in question is still about, thanks for the pic and hope you like this one.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ooooh.jpg (98.5 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #28 – OhThatGirl II

Peter,

Lisa checked in here late last year, so hopefully she will see this sometime. She's a lovely subject, and your rendition will be another for her to add to her scrapbook.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges