Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #30 – Chinese Pavilion

Old 02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #30 – Chinese Pavilion

Why, thank you CJ. :-)

Long ago (and far away as they say) I traveled to Taiwan and Hong Kong. I just loved it. To stand in the National Museum in Taipei and see beautiful art pieces from a period in time when my ancestors were still hanging in trees, was awesome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 04:38 PM

I'm a bit late to the party but I think you can tell from the result that i didn't peek before acting.

Was trying for a two tone feel ... lots of red and green. The blue sky accentuates that feeling. I also straightened the perspective and intentionally compressed the image vertically. It seems to make the pagoda more substantial.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pagoda.jpg (99.9 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 05:00 PM

very nice, guys

most of my filter forge filters have been done on a sort of hunt and peck, plug 'n play type basis. i understood some things but a lot was just trial and error and see what comes up, then publish it.

this is the first filter i've constructed where i really felt like i was constructing it; that i knew what i was doing and had a distinct direction i wanted to go in and went there.

it's a sort of luminosity mask filter. i copy out part of the luminance values and send them off one way, alter them, and then bring them back to the main program line. that gets mixed with something else, and voila', a luminance filter.

so, here's some results of that. bear in mind that this was also primarily designed to work on portraits, not landscapes. but nonetheless, it shld work on just about anything. it was also designed not quite as much for photo art as for photo correction and balancing, but there's enough variety to it that it will work for art also

also, because i'm working mostly with luminance here, this makes it pretty easy to get a number of different black and white looks.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges