RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

Advertise Here

PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #33 – Fall Leaves

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2002, 09:26 AM

Phyllis your "silly experiment" turned into something quite beautiful! I love it

Lisa, your entry is an AWESOME watercolor, really wonderful to view

Wanda
Old 10-10-2002, 11:55 AM

Lisa, that KPT effect is just gorgeous! Gets rid of detail and adds punch! Wonderful choice for this subject.

I have the old 2.0 version of KPT and have wanted to get the new one, but it's not cheap at $200. Is this feature one of the basic filters included with a newer version? Looks like it uses a combination of cutout and pixelate (the menu choice that makes the little squares) along with an overall texture. Probably more in there...would be interesting to experiment and make your own action for a similar effect. (Cheaper too!)

Phyllis
Old 10-10-2002, 10:03 PM

How about dry pressed autumn leaves?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neon-fall-leaves_ag.jpg (96.4 KB, 68 views)
Old 10-12-2002, 12:30 PM

Wanda,Phyllis,Lisa and Angue

Very pretty submissions ,all different, and all well done..

Wanda..So now you are a poet also..How can we keep up.

Here is my try..Similar to the rose entry..

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg falleaves.jpg (98.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 10-12-2002, 06:55 PM

Jerry, really beautiful again. You're really getting the hang of this PhotoArt. Good going!! Your version reminds me of frosted glass sort of, and I REALLY like how you put extra leaves in the image. Very creative idea Can't wait to see what you do next

wanda
Old 10-25-2002, 01:01 PM

KPT Leaves

Since I got some new KPT CDs I've been trying lots of new things. This effect is made with KPT3 twirl and KPT6 materialize. The twirl filter makes kaleidoscopic images, and the materialize filter adds texture and lighting to make the image look either concave or convex, and like metal, glass, plastic, etc. This one looks like ceramic to me.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ceramic_leaves.jpg (75.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-25-2002, 01:03 PM

Tin and Ceramic--KPT continued

Second pic uses a different twirl treatment, and shows both the concave-metallic look of materialize and the convex-glassy look.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tin_ceramic.jpg (87.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-25-2002, 01:06 PM

Coaster Set--KPT continued

Third and last pic is a set of coasters made from the leaf picture.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leafcoasters.jpg (96.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 10-26-2002, 11:28 AM

I have only just started to do some of the mini-challenges, so I am taking advantage of the fact that they never expire!!

There are some really fantastic images here, I love the paint effect that Phyllis used with the leaf brush. I have never found a use for that one - it produced a creative gem- well done

Here is mine - How I created it is a bit more tricky - I did the image this morning but didn't get a chance to post it until now!

It went along the lines of cutting out the leaves from the back ground - loads of filters including the crome effect
The background was created with the motion blur and then making it greyscale.
The frame was created with a filter again - ahh I just can't remember !!!

Hope you like it
Clare
Attached Images
File Type: jpg changing_leaves.jpg (51.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 10-27-2002, 12:17 AM

Fall Leaves watercolor
I played and played until this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fall leaves art ii.jpg (87.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-27-2002, 02:52 AM

Wow Trimoon,

Love the water colour effect and the blending that comes out of the frame is a nice touch
Old 10-27-2002, 06:05 PM

Took the challenge and here's my version. I'm not real good at documenting my steps, but roughly here's what I did. I duplicated the image, flipped it vertical and pasted as a reflection back onto the original. I applied a "flood" from Flaming Pear to the reflection, adjusted opacity, applied a staggered wind filter and gave it a slight buzz. Flattened and cloned out distractions. I'm a newbie here and really love everything I'm seeing here, seems like a great group and I'm feeling right at home. Thanks for all you share.

Marlene
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirroredleaves.jpg (29.3 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-27-2002, 10:50 PM

Clare, very interesting treatment. Can't decide if the leaves look non-organic, like something from a futuristic society run by robots, or natural but fighting hard for survival in a bleak future where pollution has touched every living thing. In either case, it's a powerful image!

Marlene, very clever idea...love the reflection. Looks cool and inviting like a crisp fall day!

Trimoon... I am out of words. I have to fall back on "wow!" I especially like the way you tweaked the colors adding a yellow to warm and brighten it.

Phyllis
Old 10-28-2002, 06:29 AM

Marlene,

A nice variation on the leat theme. The water / reflection effect has worked really well.

Phyllis
Thanks for your comments - sometimes I wonder where my inspiration for this type of image comes from - I am not a particularly 'greenpeace' person ( although I recycle requlary ) So I'll have to go with the robot vision - or may be I have just watched the matrix a few to many times!

Clare
Old 10-28-2002, 07:55 PM

Gosh, some really wonderful creations since the last time I checked this thread...

TRIMOON:
If this is an example of the forthcoming watercolor treatment, let me stay IT'S STUNNING! Like the framing and watercolor effect "outside the lines," too. Really enhanced the effect.

CLARE:
The stark contrast between background and foreground really set off your interpretation. Nicely done.

OhThatGirl (Lisa):
Another outstanding result. The colors and textures are great. How do you continually come up with such great combinations?

TONY:
Glad to see you're not sulking cuz the Mets and Yanks got bounced! This "neon" effect is really unique; you, too, do textures and colors very, very well.

JERRY:
You just keep getting better and better. Keep it up! This technique is addictive (in a good way), isn't it?

PHYLLIS:
What do you eat for breakfast (or do you have time for breakfast)? Your experiments are awesome... then you go on a Kalaidescope discovery trip.

Thanks for taking all of us along. It's a mind opening ride!

MARLENE:
So glad you found our happy little playpen. Your first mini confirmed my suspicions after seeing some of your works elsewhere: You are very talented when it comes to this kind of thing. The mirroring / reflection are brilliantly executed.

Welcome and may we see many more of your creations in the future.

~DannyR~