RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #39 – Jazz Guitar

Old 10-23-2002, 04:49 PM

One more try
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wc guitar ii.jpg (73.0 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 05:07 PM

Steve, I prefer your first watercolor...not as textured as the second...smoother and softer. Nice look.

Clare, using note font was brilliant! And the colors are brilliant too...wild effect...makes me wanna dance!

Speaking of wild effects, I have been playing some more with my new KPT stuff and came up with two new guitar pics. Here is the first.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guitarglow.jpg (71.2 KB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 05:10 PM

Country Dance

And one for Lawrence Welk fans!

Did this with KPT Orb-It applied after recolorization and a motion blur.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg country_dance.jpg (82.2 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 05:42 PM

Phyllis, I prefer your second one... WoW!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 07:07 PM

And a Pencil Sketch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw guitar.jpg (57.9 KB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 07:26 PM

Talent, Talent, Talent and more Talent..WHat a Thread!!!

Great job everybody..I've been too busy with goats and sailors to see what was happening here..

Jerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 07:52 PM

Trimoon,
Got to love your sketches! I really like the first watercolor guitar. It has a very soft texture and those bold colors just pop out. Nicely done! After seeing the first one, the second one’s edges just kill the softness and freedom that I know are possible, because I saw it in your first guitar submission.

Phyllis…A.K.A. Ms Filters
I love the “guitarglow”…those sparkling lights are so cool! You also sold me on the KPT deal as I am now waiting for my order so I can play with filters too!

As for “country dance”, I love the bold colors on the guitar and the bubbles just create a great sense of movement. Great job as usual!

~T
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by T Paul

Phyllis…A.K.A. Ms Filters
I love the “guitarglow”…those sparkling lights are so cool! You also sold me on the KPT deal as I am now waiting for my order so I can play with filters too![/B]
Thanks, but I hope you aren't expecting too much from your package. Those sparkling lights are not a filter effect as such, but were made by applying layer blending modes to a fractal pattern generated by KPT. As you know, a lot of "new" effects can be created just by blending existing layers. Once in a while you get a nice surprise, as when that fractal turned into diamond shaped lights...Never could have planned that one! So, have fun playing with your new filter pack!

Phyllis
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2002, 10:22 PM

So sorry - so far behind on my feedback - so many photos to review....

What a great challenge:

Phyllis: how do you do so many different, and all interesting renditions? Vibrations and Guitar Glow are works of art. Vibrations says "country" to me in capital letters, and GuitarGlow is magical - simply brilliant. ...and Lawrence Welk? - on acid maybe.. Twisted also very...well, twisted.

Clare: this has to be one of my favorites - the color, black background, and the musical notes make me hear as well as see this one.

David: your use of color and textures grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Well done, and very cool.

T: this is a classic - love the buttery smooth feel of the guitar wood.

Trimoon: another repeat offender - 3 entries! I like the second color one best - the texture really adds to the impact of the first.
B&W also very sweet.

Jennifer - the abstract works very well. The distortion has that jazz club - late at night feeling all over it.

CJ: love the flare - that really sets off the sunny effect beautifully.

So much talent - how to do adequate feedback - not possible. Great work everyone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2002, 04:16 AM

Kaleidscope Guitar!

Toad asks, "Phyllis: how do you do so many different, and all interesting renditions?"

Thanks for the compliments...glad you liked the variations. As for how I do it, the answer is more in WHY I do it. I just like to make something different. I like to learn techniques for this or that, but find that I don't really enjoy doing the same thing over and over, so when I am playing and not working, I prefer to live on the edge! Speaking of something different, get a load of what KPT can do to a guitar...

In KPT3 that came with my goodies package is a wonderful filter called TWIRL. It turns anything into tons of different kaleidoscope variations. I used it first on the daisy challenge (results posted there) then tried it on this guitar pic.

By adjusting the preview I was able to produce a version showing the song title repeated over and over. I then blended it together with its own inversion to create a glow in the center, then blended those layers with another kaleidoscope result to get the cool center design and an inner border made from the guitar's edge.

I just love KPT! Remember, you can get four different KPT's really cheap for two more weeks at www.andromeda.com.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaleidoguitar.jpg (83.2 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by pstewart; 10-24-2002 at 04:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges