RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #44 – Alan's Butterfly

Old 10-29-2002, 01:42 AM

You guys are the greatest, and makes me feel I finally found home
This is just so much fun, gives me so many new ideas and challenge my fantasy. Together with all of you creative people's talent , I'm in heaven!

Thank's to Danny and Allan for a great challenge.

Marlene, I love the colors and the texture you got. I think, if you go a bit easier (make it softer) on the texture on the background it will look more realistic(to a textured paper).

Chuck, I love your sense of humor, right up my alley

C.J., wow, you flatter me (don't stop) . I do have a passion for photography, and fortunately digital cameras have gotten so good these days. Makes it a lot easier to just shoot and plug it into your pc and see the results emediately. Then you can go back and do it again if you're not satisfied, without having to wait for days for the film to be developed.
As for your photo, I really like the strong colors and contrasts in it, and the idea. I do think blending the leafes and the background, or make the transition not so hard, would make it even better, as I know feel it takes away a bit of the focus on the butterflies.

jerry, beautiful! It really looks like a drawing

Ken, yes it really looks like beads. Maybe a bit sharpen(unsharpmask) would bring out the details and colors even more?

Bruce, looks like a psycedelic dream

Chuck, your #2, the texture on the butterfly almost makes me expect that if I touch it, I will get butterflydust on my fingers. Great job! I do think the background need a bit of work though. A paperlike texture maybe? As it is now, it looks like two separate photos put on top of eachother.

Phyllis, right back at ya!

Trine
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2002, 02:08 AM

Here we go again - my usual kick at the cat...

The Secret Life of Butterflies...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg secret life of bugs - puny.jpg (85.4 KB, 135 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2002, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ugot2bkdng
I am kinda new here, what is djr??
Chuck,

It is from a set of actions that I downloaded here. I am really learning a lot by trying these actions, and disecting them to see how they do what they do.

Bruce
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2002, 08:39 AM

Therapy

I don’t know what to call it. You could say it was therapy.. I molded a batch of pixels and this is what I get. ‘Butterfly on the Rocks’? I sit down and start plying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg butterfly on the rocks ii.jpg (89.4 KB, 189 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2002, 01:34 PM

That background is perfect I do miss the lovely colors you had on the previous though...What about taking the butterfly from the first one and place it on this background? I think that would look great

It's really nice as is also
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2002, 05:50 PM

Wow, I just the love the variations on this butterfly!

Trine.... Love it! The surreal effect is awesome! I also love a well done B&W such as this.

Jerry.... Beautiful! I love the soft pastel pencil effect, very well done!

Ken.... It does look like beadwork. A bead artist would probably love to use this as a pattern. Clever & original.

Chuck.... Thankyou for the steps used in this lovely rendition. I don't think I've ever used the conte crayon....I'm now inspired to try.

Toad.... HI!!! I'm glad to be here and thanks for the warm welcome. So much talent, so much to be learned. Oh yeah....cool butterfly. Looks like copper, I like it!

Trimoon...Ok, now I know you're a fake, you're really a very talented watercolor artist trying to freak us all out. This is just waaaaaay too good, right down to the way the water spreads on the paper. I have a lot to learn from you!

Marlene
www.thedigitalspectrum.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2002, 01:44 AM

Thumbs down

Just perfect! I really love it!

Trine
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2002, 02:53 AM

Thumbs down Some great work here...wonderful variety!

Marlene, love the flat lighting and the colors...go well with the texture.

Chuck, I will visit you every Sunday in the home...I promise.

CJ, wonderful idea, and well done. The use of the three lights is great too. I seldom use the fancy lighting choices...you have inspired me to experiment more.

Ken, that's a neat effect. Sort of looks like needlepoint. If you raised the contrast, you'd have a glassier, beady look too.

Bruce, very imaginative...nice work with the daring colors and the motion behind as he rests.

Chuck, I like the way the butterfly has more detail than his resting place...emphasizes him. I really like the colored line drawing that you turned the leaves into.

Toad, bold, futuristic, and I like the metallic butterfly. Makes me think this is billions of years in the future when "butterbots" will rule the earth!

Trimoon, I love your "butterfly on the rocks." Colors, texture, simplicity...all make it really beautiful!

Chuck, I love your butterfly #2. Looks like it's painted on parchment. Lovely and delicate.

Phyllis
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2002, 08:51 AM

Chuck....Outstanding!!!! I love it, love it, love it!

Marlene
www.thedigitalspectrum.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2002, 09:32 AM

Oh Chuck, what a perfect time for introducing you to "The Devines" singing of course "The wind beneath my wings"(with a voice awfully similar to Bette's)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg makekorretouchpro.jpg (90.8 KB, 83 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges