RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #46 – English Ladies

Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Many amazing renditions in this multi-year thread !

TwoLaidBack, I like your dual high key renditions, great job, that smudge job gave a cool effect.
Garazon, cool edges !
Photomaster, like your rendition also, vivid and bright colors.

Here's my water color interpretation !

Chance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg englishladies1webo.jpg (98.8 KB, 42 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_1
TwoLaidBack, I like your dual high key renditions, great job, that smudge job gave a cool effect.

Chance
Chance,
I'm glad you enjoyed the effect. I love this watercolor effect you’ve achieved. I've just received Photoshop Elements 3 and have been looking for a really good watercolor action that will work in elements. Anyone know of one I could find?

TwoLaidBack
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 AM

TLB, thanks for your comments.
Regarding the watercolor tutorials, there are two good one's located right here in this forum.

1. Jaykita's watercolor tutorial in this thread at http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/rp-tutorials/10772-jaykitas-watercolor-technigue.html
2. Tim Shelbourne tutorial in this thread at http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-art-resources/12294-tutorial-link-watercolor-tim-shelbourne-photoshop.html

I am sure there are other tutorials as well, and I am for sure am always on the lookout for watercolor tutorials in particular.
Most of the tutorials are for photoshop, and I do not know enough about Photoshop Elements to know if any of it would work.

Chance
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 11:21 AM

Chance_1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look this up. I had a quick look at it and will go back later today to see what I can do with it. I think I have everything she is using to acheive this. LOL

Ps. You can view one of my latest attempts at a watercolor using PSP here if you'd like.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/att...chmentid=28805

Again thanks.
TwoLaidBack
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 12:50 PM

tlb,

that's an excellent watercolor! i've never been able to get that result using psp. i can see i'm going to have to re-look at this.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 01:35 PM

WOW thanks Crag,

One of the things I've found is it help if I use the colored sketch script I've recorded to be run before trying to apply the Brush Stroke effect set to watercolor it just give it a smoother finish in the end and makes it look more like a watercolor.

I don't know what version of PSP your using but this script works in v.8 & 9 but don't know about the latest version 10. If you'd like I could send you the colored sketch script off the board I'd just need your e-mail address. The rest that is need to acheive this comes with PSP.

The Brush Stroke set to Watercolor setting I used:
Softness=4,Lenght=15,Bristles=175,Density=16,width=6,angle=311,Opacity=0,color=#000000

TwoLaidBack
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 03:28 PM

Here is another great Watercolor tutorial by Shan Canfield, from the book Retouching and Restoring by Katrin Eismann which is for Photoshop and is downloadable;

Unfortunately a direct link is not available, but you can get the information via the following method: Go to http://www.digitalretouch.org and
From there on the left side, scroll down to "Third Edition Photoshop CS2" and here click on "Tutorial Images", then scroll down to Chapter 8
and download "ch8_babyoriginal.jpg" and "ch8_BabyWatercolor.pdf" ... This will enable you to do and follow that watercolor tutorial.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 04:38 PM

Chance_1 I don't know how to thank you.

This is great i'll have to set down tonight and try them all out! LOL Oh my looks like I'm going to be busy tonight....

I just tried the first link you posted and although half way through it I strayed off I got some great results. What it did do was get me on the right track. Hey but that's what it's all about isn't it?

Again Thanks so much.
TwoLaidBack
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2007, 04:23 PM

Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #46 – English Ladies

I reckon the one one the left is frowning because her bodice is to tight, you can't tell cos shes not facing the camera.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buxom-wenches.jpg (97.2 KB, 38 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2007, 06:00 AM

Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #46 – English Ladies

2nd attempt at a challenge
......Decided to go for a chalk style

Method:

Balanced Highlights & shadows

Colour balanced using levels to remove the green/blue cast

Impressionist chalk default

Line drawing action on the top layer dry brushed to reduce detail blend to multiply

hope this fits in with the theme
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-challenge-46-english ladies chalks1.jpg (92.4 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges