you brought up ther colors with the background. god they are so cute dont you want to play with them.
Alan you did a great job with the wate coloring they are soft and cuddely. What brush did you use. or action.
the action came from a freebie assortment of actions that the dpreview site came up with and our fearless leader here is compiling and I am providing the distribution site. In the package is several watercolor actions, the one I used is called Jaseck Watercolor. The action collection can be downloaded from:
Glad you liked it.
I see what you mean about adjusting the light. That came out very well.
= = = = =
I still bust up each time I look at that cat hovering over that fish!
= = = = =
Great job on your first mini-challenge. You've got the spirit.
= = = = =
When I saw your rendition and writeup, I thought: "No way. It can't look THAT good and be THAT easy." Guess what. It was.
I was inspired by your technique so much that I stole it and added a couple twists to it, namely a duplicate of the BG layer on top set to blend = color, Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer below that. Tweaked B/C to tune up the colors a bit. Added a final Hue/Sat adjustment layer on top of stack to turn up the saturation a bit.
Great idea on the adding the ball, too. You can never have enough balls in a tiger picture.
Alan, "gaussian glow" is one of my favorite KPT filters--same as the gaussian blur blended to multiply which you did. The effect is Purr-fect on this picture...the 3D soft glow of it makes the tigers look fat and furry and cute as kittens! Nice result.
Angue, you used the same two filters I did...what's that about great minds and same channel? I love the idea of adding the ball (complete with shadow...nice attn to detail). Makes them look even more playful!
Danny, nice sketch effect on a subject that resisted sketch attempts by yours truly. I really love the edging you added...was that a framing action?
The edge effect was from the plugin I just finished reviewing for RetouchPRO. (It will take Doug a few days to do the formatting, image linking, etc. before it's posted.)
Since it's too large to post in a thread, I'll e-mail you an advanced copy of the review.
If anyone else is interested in an advanced copy, send me real e-mail (not PM). You can do that via the MEMBERS choice in the Forum menu.
Don, I agree with your choice of favorites. This one was tough for me--kept getting too dark.
I wound up with this.
Rough sketch 1
1. 2 duplicate copies of background. Turn the top one off (it’s used at the end and it’s convenient to have it already at the top).
We work on the middle layer for a while.
3. Duplicate desaturated layer.
4. On the duplicate layer set the blending mode to Color Dodge. Run Filter—Blur—Gaussian Blur between 4-8.
5. Merge Down. Duplicate desaturated layer.
6. On upper desaturated layer, set the blending mode to multiply. Run Filter—Blur—Gaussian Blur with the same settings and used in step 4.
7. Merge Down. This is your base sketch layer.
8. Make 3 copies of the base sketch layer.
9. On the top duplicate, run Filter—Brush Strokes—Sumi. Reduce opacity to 50%.
10. On the middle duplicate, Run Filter—Brush Strokes—Dark Strokes. Set the blending mode to Pin Light.
11. On the lower duplicate, run Filter—Artistic—Fresco. Set the blending mode to Luminosity.
12. Turn on the color layer at the top. Play wiath blending mode.
13. Add a new pattern fill layer at the top. Set the blending mode to Soft Light and the opacity to 70%. This will add texture.
Thanks to all for the help that you all so eagerly share. It has made learning Elements 2 alot more rewarding.
I'm interested in the technique you refer to in the tigers playing challenge. A .gif screenshot of the technigue you use. I tried the link, but it won't open to the tutorial or screenshot.
Could you tell me what to look for so I can use the seach feature?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #59 – Hotel in Valides||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||134||10-20-2014 11:28 AM|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #64 – Jake and Joey||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||63||02-01-2011 09:53 PM|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #04 - Butterfly||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||51||12-19-2009 12:21 AM|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #50 – Pink Lotus||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||107||11-05-2008 11:34 PM|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #05 - The Bridge||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||85||01-27-2007 07:09 PM|