RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Art Mini-Challenges Moderator posted images. Open to all members.

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #94 – Hold the Phone

Old 03-05-2003, 11:34 AM

NIght owl yours is great, I agree with Jerry welcome aboard and this sight is for fun , there is no right and no wrong. JUst lota of imagination and experimentation.

Hi Danny.

- - - - - - - -
Hey, Mr. Lombardi... hope all is well w/you. djr

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 03-05-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 05:07 PM

Bill Coughlin, I really really like your treatment. The soft focus look is exactly what this pic calls for! What program and/or filter did you use to get the effect?

Phyllis
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 08:25 AM

Bill You think like me, I love the lighting effect.

Ok Phyliss you didnt like my rice paper effect, so I tried someting different.

A while back I developed an oil painting effect and everyonce in a while I try someting new and here it is.

I used my oiol paing effect thjat lets you paint back your subject. I like it because of the effects you can get, so I painted back her face till it was very sharp, leaving the surrounding areas with large daubs. Then I increased the brush size which will agian increase the daub size on the face, leaving the eyes and mouth sharp. I then used render/lighting/ omni to get the luminous effect. I forgot I also made phone sharp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 94_phone-4-pg.jpg (95.3 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 10:06 AM

Phyllis and Phil - thanks for the comments.
Phyllis - I duplicated the layer, then used NIK Midnight filter (yes, expensive but the set was a gift), then used eraser to bring back the color in the phone.
Regards,
Bill
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 04:21 PM

girl and phone

I think this photo is great to work with reminded me of Rembrant so I went with that look....First I made a layer to look like a drawing/ inverted to neg/ created light sorce/ add texture/ made frame/ combined everything/ adjusted to liking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 94_phone3.jpg (96.9 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 04:33 PM

Very nice image, katilla. It gives an other dimension to the original picture.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 06:46 PM

Katilla I like the way you composed it, has a very dramatic look.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 11:30 PM

Phili, I LIKE that look...a lot! It has a real "sixties" feel to it. How did you get that effect? What program/filter?

Katilla, great job with the pic and with framing it as well...reallysuits this picture!

Phyllis
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2003, 07:39 AM

Thanks Phyliss.

I think I sent you my oil painting Art HIstory action. I put ther begining steps into an action and then you paint by hand.
when you use it you can vary the brush size for different effects. the smaller the brush the more detail. One thing I found is that when you view it on the screen, it looks one way but when you print it on canvas paper it looks just like oil. I did a small brush on her face and phone and a larger one on the rest and then used lilghting omni effect.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2003, 09:45 AM

on org image I created a beam of light,cloned out imperfections,dodged where light hit, burned in more shadows then I did the following..../ org image/layer via copy, name lay1/lay1-invert to neg,blending mode to color dodge, will turn completely white, filter, blur, gaussian,2 pix/create a blank new layer above lay1/stamp a copy of what is visible to this layer -name stamp,lay1,change blending mode to linear burn/highlight lay1,jump a copy of this layer to its own new layer, name lay2/highlight lay2, filter>blur>Gaussian>50 pix .....I then created new layer and added texture and adjusted to taste ,I combined all photos together adjusting blending and opacity,.......Created new layer took that into frame pro and created the frame, back in photoshop i adjusted colors to blend with picture.
If you want to know how I created beam of light just let me know. Thanks for the comments. I also liked the drama it created
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo Art Mini-Challenges