RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Software: DeepPaint 2.0 (FREE) Deep Paint

Old 12-18-2005, 12:26 PM

Thanks but if your having a hard time then it maybe over my head. Did I tell you I sold my sunflower to an artist who does business with the printer I work for, I am just beside myself. I give a big thank you to all who gave me help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelle
I downloaded DP in my plugins and opened it up but it is been connecting for 15 minutes. did anyone else have that problem.
The same thing happening here. I think it may be a registration thing hung over from when it wasn't a freebie. I just told my fire wall not to let it connect - no problem since then.

Hope this helps

Peter
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2005, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelle
I downloaded DP in my plugins and opened it up but it is been connecting for 15 minutes. did anyone else have that problem.
Yep I had/have the same problem. It was suggested to me also that I should use the standalone version, however it is doing the same thing for me. So I think I might have to uninstall and reinstall the whole program.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 PM

Well after removing and reinstalling Deep Paint, it still did not work, so a search on the forum of Right Hemisphere revealed a problem with the registry keys corrupting. I removed the entire entry for Right Hemisphere under both HKey->Local Machine->Software and under HKey->Current User->Software and voila, it works!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 05:07 AM

Cassidy, glad to hear you found a solution and thanks for passing it on.

PamSav, I too haven't had much luck with painting skin. Probably depends on your style. DP is great for thick, luscious paint which doesn't usually combine with skin (unless you're name is Van Gough - or Jaykita). The best I can suggest is lowering (or turning off) the B/S parameters, keeping the colour slider away from the "abstract" side and increasing the "fuzziness" and "feather".

More tips (discovered by accident - of course):
<Shift> & drag left / right: Rotate the brush;
<Shift> & drag up / down: Squash or expand the brush.

(for those, like me, who don't have an Ultra Giga computer)
Paint zoomed out!
Considering that:
- DP does a pretty good job at helping you paint inside the boundaries for the colour;
- DP is basically a 3D program that has to render every time you apply a brush stroke.
If you paint zoomed in, you may find that the brush is lagging while DP re-renders. If you paint zoomed out, DP will take care of the edges and doesn't waste time re-rendering every pixel.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 08:17 AM

I am not going into the computer to make it work, not very tecnical- I can do with out DP.
Glad I wasn't alone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2005, 12:46 PM

Deep Paint and PS Elements

HI,
I'm running PE2 and have installed Deep Paint 2D as a plugin. It works like a charm and with my tablet as well. It's not too keen on shipping multiple layers back and forth but once in DP, you can dup. the base layer to keep it as a colour source for your painting layer above. What is transferred back to PE2 is the top painted layer (if I remember correctly). [I've currently been seduced by the impressionist plugin for the past few days.]

daddyo (a.k.a. John)
Hey, it's sunny today in southern Ontario!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Re: Software: DeepPaint 2.0 (FREE) Deep Paint

Has anybody else had this problem? I can't seem to "paint" with my Wacom tablet in DP2.0. The mouse works fine to paint, and when I use the Wacom you can see where the tablet pen is hovering over the canvas and moving around, but when I press down with the pen, it never leaves a mark. I've tried with the clone stamp and the freehand paintbrush, on different layers, in both clone and paint mode, with different brushes. Any ideas? I hope I'm just missing something silly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsip
Has anybody else had this problem? I can't seem to "paint" with my Wacom tablet in DP2.0. The mouse works fine to paint, and when I use the Wacom you can see where the tablet pen is hovering over the canvas and moving around, but when I press down with the pen, it never leaves a mark. I've tried with the clone stamp and the freehand paintbrush, on different layers, in both clone and paint mode, with different brushes. Any ideas? I hope I'm just missing something silly.
I don't have my Wacom setup yet, so I'm unable to relate personal experiences in this regard.

I did run across the following (http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=211) here at RP. Are your Wacom drivers up-to-date? That might be something to try...

Check out some of the DP power users in this thread:
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...-tutorial.html

You might e-mail or PM Photomaster or Ken45140 to see if they have insights on this one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2007, 08:47 AM

I haven't ever had a problem with my Wacom and Deep Paint. In fact, the only Wacom trouble I ever have is getting the cursor stuck at the top of the screen, which happens frequently. FYI, I use the Wacom almost exclusively for everything as navigating with a mouse aggravates my arthritis. Like Danny suggested, try upgrading the driver; or go to the "All Programs", select Wacom and customize your settings. I find this helps with errant cursors and such.

My $.02 worth.

Janet
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources