RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

What's going on with Fo2PiX?

Old 12-30-2007, 06:19 PM

Re: What's going on with Fo2PiX?

I e-mailed Don Mccrae about somehow getting the activation code for Buzz pro or if somehow I could buy. He e-mailed me back with this response:

The business went bust and there’s no life after death. End of.

Cheers

Don
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM

Please send me Don Mccrae email. I mentioned this before and I want to get his take. If the company no longer exists, can those that have Art Master, Buzz and the associated plug-ins treat them life freeware to share with others...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 12:13 PM

Hi all,

The best outcome for us is to encourage some company to acquire the Fo2PiX products and continue their development.

As I recall, when you make any hardware change to your system that makes ArtMaster Pro suspect you have moved it from one system to another, it demands that you get another Activation Code from Fo2PiX. Some other software, like Photoshop, uses a similar copy protection scheme that keeps the parent company "in the loop".

That "in-the-loop" thing is just a minor annoyance, until your software's parent company goes bust. Then it becomes a major annoyance. I had been planning on upgrading my motherboard, but now I think I will not make any more changes to my system that might trigger my ArtMaster Pro to demand a reactivation. I'll just get a second computer to continue my hardware evolution. And I doubt seriously that I will be able to make my ArtMaster Pro function on it.

GB

P.S. On a completely different subject, Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2008, 08:48 AM

I hope it is ok to post this, if not feel free to delete. I found this in another forum, posted it in a forum I am an active member of. One of the members tried it and it works. You can still download the trial version of buzz pro 2 from cnet.com

Ok, for those of you with a buZZ demo and windows operating system, there's a file in c:/windows subdirectory (you'll have to un-hide everything in the directory) called buzzS1lic.dll -- delete it, and your demo use count will be reset. It will create a new dll file, which (I assume) you can delete again when you need to.
If you have pro2 the dll will look like this
buzzP2lic.dll
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2008, 07:16 PM

For what it is worth...... I back up my hard drive every few days with Norton Ghost and when I had a new motherboard and hard drive installed recently everything re-installed just fine and works just fine. Just thought this info would save some head-banging. Good luck. At least now you know that by using Norton Ghost you CAN re-install everything.... I did.

Last edited by Xntrik; 02-09-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Backing up your existing installed AMPro is all I know to suggest -
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2008, 08:27 PM

I have posted this message in many places on the web with no response. I finally called Adobe and Corel aquisitions dept. directly and begged them to look into buying their assets and keeping the software alive. You can find their contact info on their websites. Anyone interested as I am. please make the call. The more people they hear from the better.

I have just found the thread about the demise of Fo2pix and am not surprised, but deeply dissappointed. When I found Buzz 7 years ago, i was amazed, stimulated, and started a small business of art creation based on it's use--please check out my website--www.mdiimaging.com--Others have liked it also and it's use has been included in several books about photopainting. I think when they introduced Photoartmaster, they went astray and aimed at some ill-defined market that directed them away from the usefullness of their product. There has been simply nothing that has generated the kind of results that software provided, and I have tried literally every product out there that has come along over the years. If one is interested in controlling the amount of detail lost or retained is photopainting, this is the only program that allows one to do so. All the major painting software does not even come close, in my opinion.

Whoever suggested that Corel or someone else pick up the rights to the software and continue to explore it is right on the money--I strongly hope that someone besides our small community thinks so and does so. It seems to me that interest in this area has exploded in the last few years, and I hope that some other company see's this trend and grabs this resource.

It is too good a program and technology to loose.

MDIJB
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 PM

Can anyone help me get / buy / borrow another copy of art master pro roommate lost my demo help
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 PM

A lite -- and, to me, much more intuitive-- version of ArtmasterPro is still available from several retailers in England, as well as UK eBay occasionally. The application is PhotoArtmaster Classic, also by fo2pix. It's a stand-alone program, not a plug-in. By trading back and forth between this program and your graphics program, you can do just about anything you could do with ArtmasterPro or buzzPro, and for a lot less money, and it doesn't gobble up memory as the two more powerful programs do.
If interested, google Photoartmaster Classic.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2008, 03:01 PM

I have ArtMaster Pro. If you install it, it will ask to be activated - if you do not activate it (you can't since they are out of business) you will have 10 trials. So you might try this - set a restore point on your computer before installing. Then install. Use the 9 of the 10 trials and then restore your computer to the restore point just before you installed the software. Re-install the software and it will reset and give another 10 trials.
Just remember that anything you do or install since you restored your computer will also be gone. Yes, its a pain but so far that is the only way to keep Artmaster running. Anybody have a better solution???
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 PM

I was pretty surprised to see that fo2pix and gone belly up. I reallly like it and would like to continue to use it. I reconfigured my machine a couple of months ago and finally got around to installing AMP. There was a strange problem in that it wouldn't launch because it couldn't find MSVCR71.dll but downloading that and putting in the system folder solved that problem. I bought a copy and it took my key so that looks good. I bought two wizards that didn't come with it and installed them before but I can't seem to remember how they are integrated into the existing wizard group. Anyone know? I would like to keep in touch with anyone interested in continuing to work in AMP.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources